Cortland Blue Intermediates

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Great line, I have a #6 that is ridiculously old and still performs.
I’m sure it was 1” or 1.5” but I’m sure mine is a tad faster.
Originals were 1.5" per second.
What is more noticeable is how well they lasted, way beyond lifespan of any other cortland , and indeed other makes of line!

sage5

Thanks Scott, I actually came across three of them a WF6/ 7 and think the other one is an 8WT, I will use the 6WT with my Vision Onki 5WT

Last edited:

sagecirca

I have a 7-wt I use as my main loch salmon and sea trout intermediate, and I regard it as an 'intermediate intermediate' - somewhere between an Airflo slow glass and a fast glass.

Col
I am pretty sure I have a mid-glass from Airflo. One of around 20 odd lines in my box...:ROFLMAO:

Rhithrogena

Originals were 1.5" per second.
What is more noticeable is how well they lasted, way beyond lifespan of any other cortland , and indeed other makes of line!
I have a Cortland SL DT #5 floater that I bought in 1988 and am still using. It was used often for a couple of years and then forgotten about in a box in a shed for 23 yrs. I have used the original Cortland line cleaner that came with it, and a treatment with Permaplas and it is still fine 👍

Paul_B

I've an old cortland peach thats very handy on windy days and still in good condition. Also a cortland classic camo, old but still very good, it didn't know it was supposed to sink when I first used it, but after a clean and a rub with conditioner it soon learned and is still used.