Cortland Sylk lines

Sportsman

Hi
I am just starting to build my first cane rod, a 6'6" for a 4wt and I am toying with the idea of using a Cortland Sylk line on it. Anyone use one or got one who could offer an opinion, or maybe wants to sell one:rolleyes:

IanH

I've used them in #4 and #5 for a few seasons now and like them a lot.

I also took the plunge and bought a couple of Phoenix silk lines a couple of years ago. The real silk line is different - the Cortland Sylk doesn't copy it exactly.

But the real silk needs looking after and you need to reverse it half way through the day as it starts to sink - fishing nymphs waterlogs it faster.

CrayValleyCane

I've used one for the last two seasons and really like how supple the line is. The tip does tend to sink a little, but floats well enough with mucilin.

Pete

BOF39

I also agree with the above. The lines are lovely to use, thin, very supple and also I think they look right. A cane rod with a flourescent orange line is just so wrong :D . I keep meaning to try real silk but haven't done so yet so can't compare.
All the best.
Pat

wcb

I love mine.

The colour is nice and drab to.

Also because it is so thin its great when its a bit windy.

WCB

traprain

I've got a 4wt Cortland Sylk I might sell. Good condition, used about a dozen times only. PM me with an offer if interested.

guest23

I have a DT3 nice line, nice colour, thin and supple (stop it Bill its lines we are talking about:eek:) And as its a DT you can't load it wrong:D

Seriously a very good line

Bill :)

Latest posts