Covid 19 exist strategy steps and fishing

kevind62

Trust Member
It is spelt colour by the way, bloody colonials.
By the way, this is a UK website. When I try to write out "colour" it autocorrects to "color". :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: Just saying. :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:😁 It's not because I'm using a computer in the US either. This is the only site that corrects it to that. I've typed it in other sites and it remains as typed and does not indicate a misspelling with the red dotted line beneath the word. ;)

ohanzee

colour...no red line here....color...I get a red line.

Think its the computer.

easker1

In my years I have worked with Plenty ethnic Minority people, had very little in the way of problems,so now we call them Bame?making any derogatory remark or any other type of criticism is unacceptable,I have been around to long for your remarks to affect me , Get A life?I hope you manage to live as long and as full a life as I've had, as they used to say Get Yer Knees Brown

glueman

By the way, this is a UK website. When I try to write out "colour" it autocorrects to "color". :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: Just saying. :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:😁 It's not because I'm using a computer in the US either. This is the only site that corrects it to that. I've typed it in other sites and it remains as typed and does not indicate a misspelling with the red dotted line beneath the word. ;)
This web site "corrects" everything to lazy yankee spelling try it out

sewinbasher

The E.A. are also in ‘Lockdown’ ! We have a pollution incident on one of our beats due to Fly Tipping. The E.A has phoned the perpetrator and told him he’s a naughty boy. They refuse to attend the site in order to make an assessment despite it being in a very rural location.. our club has engaged fish legal and will await developments..
NRW bailiffs in Wales are still active, one was investigating reported fly tipping on the riverbank this week.

flyfisher222

Banned
Banned
What is the point of an EA Enforcement Officer - if we're going to talk about them, let's at least get their titles right - pounding the banks of the Test or the Avon looking for one or two anglers who will almost certainly have rod licences when just down the road there is a set of ponds much frequented by coarse anglers where there may be 20, 30, 40 or 50 anglers. This is not to say that coarse anglers are less likely to have licences than game, but in the great scheme of things out of 50 anglers you are more likely to find one or two miscreants than you are out of one or two on the banks of the Test.

Back in the early days of my career with the then Thames Water, soon to be NRA and then EA, I would concentrate my licence checking efforts on waters that attracted large numbers of anglers. In my area there were a good few "hotspots" notably Tring Reservoirs where it was not unusual in the early days to fill a book of 50 Offence Reports in one session.

For lifght relief and a chat with the anglers I might take a stroll round Latimer Park Trout fishery, but only on my way to or from somewhere else.

I'm sure, given your obvious hatred of all things EA, that you would be delighted to have an Enforcement Officer requiring you to produce your licence when you are trying to catch a fish feeding across near the far bank.
"Obvious hatred of the EA". What utter nonsense. I just think that it spends far too much of it's time and percentage of its income 'enforcing'.

Bear in mind that in every other field of activity 'enforcement' of the law is paid for from overall taxation and is performed by the police and to some extent customs officers.
Including checks of driving licences, gun licences. pilot's licences, and now even model plane licences, and looking at bags at sea and air ports.
Only anglers are required to pay above this overall taxation for law enforcement. And there is no valid reason for it, it's just an extra tax targeted at anglers. Leave it out, leave it to the correct people, who are the police, and the cost of the licence could be reduced. Take the salmon licence, it's cost is nonsensical. But note I do not blame you personally for this of course. But you appear to support it.

And I see you've got a tick from JohnH, another bloke who thinks "Dare to disagree with me once and you are wrong forever".

glueman

"Obvious hatred of the EA". What utter nonsense. I just think that it spends far too much of it's time and percentage of its income 'enforcing'.

Bear in mind that in every other field of activity 'enforcement' of the law is paid for from overall taxation and is performed by the police and to some extent customs officers.
Including checks of driving licences, gun licences. pilot's licences, and now even model plane licences, and looking at bags at sea and air ports.
Only anglers are required to pay above this overall taxation for law enforcement. And there is no valid reason for it, it's just an extra tax targeted at anglers. Leave it out, leave it to the correct people, who are the police, and the cost of the licence could be reduced. Take the salmon licence, it's cost is nonsensical. But note I do not blame you personally for this of course. But you appear to support it.

And I see you've got a tick from JohnH, another bloke who thinks "Dare to disagree with me once and you are wrong forever".
I think you need to look at your community tax bill. Mine is made up off Parish +district+county+fire service+police so it does not all come out of taxation

glueman

This is what you posted
So
My answer is correct
I think you need to look at your community tax bill. Mine is made up off Parish +district+county+fire service+police so it does not all come out of taxation

BobP

Don't know about you but my driving licence only gets checked when I've done something wrong and not always then as in pinging a radar. I pay to get it renewed. My shotgun certificate is paid for by me - I think it was £40 the last time, and it must be 25 years since I last had a visit to check my gun cabinet. Even last summer when I was away for 7 weeks and arranged for a friend to hold my guns for me rather than leave them unattended in the house I didn't get a visit. All I had to do was to contact the Firearms Officer and give him my Cert, number, the serial numbers of the guns and the name and address of the person to whom I was loaning them. On my return I just emailed the Firearms Officer and informed him that I had taken possession of my guns again. No hassle, no extra tax and the shotgun certificate is a permission to use a lethal weapon and I see no objection in paying it. My passport lasts 10 years and I think it cost £90 or thereabouts last time. None of those come out of general taxation

The rod licence is similarly a permit to use and environmentally damaging piece of equipment for the purpose of taking coarse and/or game fish and again I see no reason to object to paying it. The money goes to a general budget within the Environment Agency and any surplus from rod licence revenue is ploughed back as fishery enhancements - a budget that I tapped into on many occasions. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the budget that paid for the work on your fishery so perhaps you should be grateful rather than resentful.

The rod licence in this country is ludicrously cheap. I, and I daresay you as well, pay £20 for a year which is pathetic. Take yourself off to British Columbia for a reality check. Last time I was there I paid out $160 Canadian which was just under £100 for my licences which broke down as follows:

$85 for an Aliens Licence for 1 year - no short term licences.
$20 a day for a Classified Grade 2 licence for Steelhead. I fished 3 days.
$15 for a White Sturgeon licence.

Judging by your words above I think we can assume that you'd scrap the Migratory fish licence and allow a free for all until the species is extinct. Thankfully you are not in a position to put that piece of stupidity into effect. And I do support it. If people want to fish they must be prepared to pay for the privilege.

JohnH needs no defending from me. He is more than capable of standing up for himself and if he disagrees with you then he has my support. He, at least, talks and writes sense. If you can't tolerate people disagreeing with your views then I suggest you go elsewhere.

glueman

Don't know about you but my driving licence only gets checked when I've done something wrong and not always then as in pinging a radar. I pay to get it renewed. My shotgun certificate is paid for by me - I think it was £40 the last time, and it must be 25 years since I last had a visit to check my gun cabinet. Even last summer when I was away for 7 weeks and arranged for a friend to hold my guns for me rather than leave them unattended in the house I didn't get a visit. All I had to do was to contact the Firearms Officer and give him my Cert, number, the serial numbers of the guns and the name and address of the person to whom I was loaning them. On my return I just emailed the Firearms Officer and informed him that I had taken possession of my guns again. No hassle, no extra tax and the shotgun certificate is a permission to use a lethal weapon and I see no objection in paying it. My passport lasts 10 years and I think it cost £90 or thereabouts last time. None of those come out of general taxation

The rod licence is similarly a permit to use and environmentally damaging piece of equipment for the purpose of taking coarse and/or game fish and again I see no reason to object to paying it. The money goes to a general budget within the Environment Agency and any surplus from rod licence revenue is ploughed back as fishery enhancements - a budget that I tapped into on many occasions. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the budget that paid for the work on your fishery so perhaps you should be grateful rather than resentful.

The rod licence in this country is ludicrously cheap. I, and I daresay you as well, pay £20 for a year which is pathetic. Take yourself off to British Columbia for a reality check. Last time I was there I paid out $160 Canadian which was just under £100 for my licences which broke down as follows:

$85 for an Aliens Licence for 1 year - no short term licences.
$20 a day for a Classified Grade 2 licence for Steelhead. I fished 3 days.
$15 for a White Sturgeon licence.

Judging by your words above I think we can assume that you'd scrap the Migratory fish licence and allow a free for all until the species is extinct. Thankfully you are not in a position to put that piece of stupidity into effect. And I do support it. If people want to fish they must be prepared to pay for the privilege.

JohnH needs no defending from me. He is more than capable of standing up for himself and if he disagrees with you then he has my support. He, at least, talks and writes sense. If you can't tolerate people disagreeing with your views then I suggest you go elsewhere.
For guns you don't live in Staffordshire

flyfisher222

Banned
Banned

This is what you posted
So
My answer is correct
Of course it' taxation. You actually called it a community tax. ALL those things you mention are paid for out of taxes.. And every 'household' pays it, it's not aimed at people with a specific hobby.

flyfisher222

Banned
Banned

The rod licence is similarly a permit to use an environmentally damaging piece of equipment for the purpose of taking coarse and/or game fish and again I see no reason to object to paying it. The money goes to a general budget within the Environment Agency and any surplus from rod licence revenue is ploughed back as fishery enhancements - a budget that I tapped into on many occasions....…
All that is near enough true but it's totally irrelevant to what I posted.

We both know it's not about the actual money. It's about the curious anomaly that ours is the only activity the legality of which is checked and enforced by a body other than the police and you have not addressed that at all.

glueman

Community tax used to be called rates but possibly you are not old enough. Law enforcement ie the police when called by a EA baliff or your club baliff is paid out of that fund

glueman

All that is near enough true but it's totally irrelevant to what I posted.

We both know it's not about the actual money. It's about the curious anomaly that ours is the only activity the legality of which is checked and enforced by a body other than the police and you have not addressed that at all.
To prosecute you they will need the help of the police because an EA baliff can't arrest you

flyfisher222

Banned
Banned
To prosecute you they will need the help of the police because an EA bailiff can't arrest you
Just as well let the police do it all then. As they do for every other form of licence. Which is what I've been on about.

The only time in 50 years of frequent fishing I've ever seen an 'official' bailiff, in this instance from the old NRA, as opposed to a club riverkeeper, was at a heavily stocked pair of local 'commercial' lakes at the start of the season. Nineteen of us fishing including the owner None of us including the owner had got around to buying that years licence. He just told us to buy one as soon as possible and didn't take any names.

wjg

BobP: "…The rod licence in this country is ludicrously cheap. I, and I daresay you as well, pay £20 for a year which is pathetic. Take yourself off to British Columbia for a reality check. Last time I was there I paid out $160 Canadian..."
I agree! Take yourself to the other side of Canada and fish for $10 rod permit and $20 Conservation fee in PEI. £18 ? Both resident and non-resident. $5 cheaper if you want a week only. No license required for salt water. Even given that the salmon returns are dropping, it is still too low a permit cost and undervalues the true nature of what we have here. Without the bite in the wallet, these things may be taken for granted and ignored for future fishers.