COVID-19

Tommy Ruffe

It's all very confusing, I am/we are, apparently, allowed a short drive (10 mins.) to take exercise (a ½ mile walk (1 turn)) around our private and secluded reservoir, but I am not allowed to fish!

Meanwhile, it seems, god's gifts to the environment, the cyclists. can do exactly as they please.

PaulD

It's all very confusing, I am/we are, apparently, allowed a short drive (10 mins.) to take exercise (a ½ mile walk (1 turn)) around our private and secluded reservoir, but I am not allowed to fish!

Meanwhile, it seems, god's gifts to the environment, the cyclists. can do exactly as they please.
Buy a bike and join in. It'll probably be good for your mental welfare. (y)

Tommy Ruffe

Buy a bike and join in. It'll probably be good for your mental welfare. (y)
I'd be compelled to actually follow the rules of the road and I'd feel guilty about not contributing to their upkeep. This antiquated form of transport should be confined to parks and playgrounds as suits the mentality of cyclists. They're a menace to themselves and to other road users! ;)

PaulD

I'd be compelled to actually follow the rules of the road and I'd feel guilty about not contributing to their upkeep. This antiquated form of transport should be confined to parks and playgrounds as suits the mentality of cyclists. They're a menace to themselves and to other road users! ;)
As a cyclist I too feel compelled to follow the rules of the road and stridently support any punishment for those who don't.

'. . . not contributing to their upkeep?' You'll find that adult cyclists do, without any choice in the matter, as road building, maintenance and repair is funded by general taxation. You are clearly confused and probably still refer to Road Tax, which you obviously don't know was abolished in 1937. What you pay now is Vehicle Excise Duty, which is a tax on cars and not roads.

Must come as a bit of a shock to learn that as a motorist you don't 'own' the highway anymore than a pedestrian, horse rider or cyclist.

glueman

The pedestrian has right of way,red traffic lights mean stop to bikes just like one way streets have to be obeyed by them assuming they can read the signs