Crack on welded loop

hooferinsane

I've only just noticed on an unused scierra floating line that I bought a while ago so cant return it, a crack in the pvc on the welded loop. Could you just place a little waterproof superglue? If I decided to cut the loop off and place a braided loop on it, I take it you would just seal the cut end with waterproof superglue?
TIA

icejohn

Most superglue absobs water.... eventually. I normally use a dab of wader repair glue uv from loon zap it with uv torch. I leave it on big dab on end of fly line 5 min so capillary action pulls some of the glue into the core before shining a torch on it.

Repairs cracks and also seals fly line in preparation for braided loops.

raphael

Hi!

Make another loop:

R

Tangled

I've got a crack in mine and keep meaning to cut it off and put a needle knot in but forget until I'm back on lake again. I just coat it with silicon floatant grease and it works fine so I'm no longer bothering.

JCP

Loon Knot Sense will seal it either way for existing loop repair or replacement Moser Loop.Follow instructions.UV Torch can be used but not needed.Really does depend on line weight and methods fished with this floating line to determine the best option for line to leader connections.

Latest posts