Cracked it!

Scotty Mitchell

I find that whatever the conditions you really need to keep moving up there, and I find that a huge percentage of the fish I manage to catch are no more than 5 or 6 feet off the bank. Real step and cast stuff.
Strangest thing I find about there is the way a wind can put the fish right off, I always do better on calm days and it baffles me.
Do you find the same?

scobo

Aye, a strong wind, especially a cold one, can kill it stone dead. Which is probably why Turret can be so hard going as it gets a lot of wind !
You'd probably do ok with a sinker dragging nymphs along the deck in those conditions but that's not really something I can be arsed with these days.
You certainly can't acuse anyone who fishes Turret of being a stockie basher ! 😄

Scotty Mitchell

Aye, a strong wind, especially a cold one, can kill it stone dead. Which is probably why Turret can be so hard going as it gets a lot of wind !
You'd probably do ok with a sinker dragging nymphs along the deck in those conditions but that's not really something I can be arsed with these days.
You certainly can't acuse anyone who fishes Turret of being a stockie basher ! 😄
I’m just glad you find the same 🤣

Capeldrae

Bingo
08AE105D-094B-4239-9D21-A86D93580640.jpeg

suzuki15hp

If that's Glen Turret, it brings back memories. We bought a black & white springer bitch from the keeper up there in 2003. Sadly the springer is well gone now. The keeper was a lovely man, I think his name was Ian, and bred great springers.

Three months after we had the springer at home, Ian came on BBC Scotland News one night, to talk about an issue with the grouse shooting that year, and as soon as he started talking, the springer shot over to the TV and just stood staring until Ian disappeared. She must have recognised his voice, as she never repeated that stunt ever again.

Thanks for the memory.

Latest posts