Daddies

skajtrout

Well we’re pretty much halfway through September and I haven’t seen a single one yet, any different anywhere else?

Skaj

Gdog

There was a huge DDL on our kitchen window this morning enjoying the sun. I've not seen that many in Dublin so far.

rabmax

I tied up a pattern one winter called a Rab years ago.The rivers had them blowing everywhere that year.Hardly seen a daddy since on the rivers i fish.Have never used the Rab fly much.Think the farmers spray to kill the leather jacket larvae off where i live.

GEK79

Well we’re pretty much halfway through September and I haven’t seen a single one yet, any different anywhere else?

Skaj
They have gone now but the past 3 maybe 4 weeks alot of them the day I was at the Lough the fish were scooping then up along with damsels and Heather flies.. Now none..

fatfifer

I saw two or three yesterday when fishing a still water in Fife but not the numbers seen in the past. The fish are tuned in to them though - seem to prefer them "drowned" and fished sub surface.
Ewan

craigluscar

Skaj
On the Golden Loch Near Newburgh last night and had quite a few round our boat ,had a daddy on with no result but plenty on small dries Saw some on the Lake of Menteith a couple of weeks ago but there is not a lot flying about

SirHarryLewis

Ive seen a few on the Suir. Fish didnt look at them though. In fact, the fish were completely lifeless last Saturday on the liffey. Went for nothing. I only got a pike on a streamer.

tingvollr

Seen quite a few up here in Shetland. Three weeks ago I counted a dozen or so on our living room window. Not seen so many recently though.