Day 7

DutyDruid

Up and at em nice and early this morning, did the chores that had to be done , well some of them. Kits already in car so no need to load that just get my butt in there and of we go. What a cracking day it is, 28°c in the car and that's in the shade, so on the bank side it's not much less , nicely shaded, as you have seen from previous photos as today the fishing is from the same spot. I will catch one of them before moving on to another stretch of the river. Tackle set up and wellies on, lock the car and of we splash. Had a nice steady plod across the river and all the time watching for the rising, slurping fish. Got half way across and decided to put on my shades. Oops dropped em in the river, bummer. So picked up the wet shades and continued to splash to the other side. Got to where I normally start from and again observed what was occurring on the river. Plenty of midges, moths and grub floating down stream, not a fish in sight. Decided to give it a few minutes just to make sure I hadn't disturbed the little darlings as I crossed the river. 10 minutes later and nothing, turned to look up stream and heard a splash behind me, turned to see the ripples, yeah we are game on. Nah we not. Dropped in the fly right on the nose, don't know who's nose but it wasn't the fishes that came up six inches to one side. So chucked the fluff in again same thing but other side this time. Changed the fly for a nymph haha waste if time, nothing doing, then out if the blue I caught me a stick fish, well snagged a stick and banked that, no net needed and did need a disgorger to get the hook out. It was roughly handled and left in the bank side to suffer and die.
Changes again to a spider. But insy winsy didn't work either. Chap came down who had caught the first time I saw him, we had a quick natter as you do. He asked if he could have a pop in the riffle as last time, so informed him to fill his boots, well waders really. Boy did I feel good when he caught nowt and declared his day done. Change the fly again for a nice floaty thing. And of we went again. Up stream , down stream, across stream , still Nixie, nada, nowt. Decided it was time to call it a day and thanked Terry Wogan's Ghost yet another bankside chat. One day these reports, notes, blogs call em what you will may if lucky contain the words, in no particular order.... Fish, weight , length size , type, species and if really lucky the main one CAUGHT.
That's it for today so home for a brew. Adios amigos.

GEK79

Up and at em nice and early this morning, did the chores that had to be done , well some of them. Kits already in car so no need to load that just get my butt in there and of we go. What a cracking day it is, 28°c in the car and that's in the shade, so on the bank side it's not much less , nicely shaded, as you have seen from previous photos as today the fishing is from the same spot. I will catch one of them before moving on to another stretch of the river. Tackle set up and wellies on, lock the car and of we splash. Had a nice steady plod across the river and all the time watching for the rising, slurping fish. Got half way across and decided to put on my shades. Oops dropped em in the river, bummer. So picked up the wet shades and continued to splash to the other side. Got to where I normally start from and again observed what was occurring on the river. Plenty of midges, moths and grub floating down stream, not a fish in sight. Decided to give it a few minutes just to make sure I hadn't disturbed the little darlings as I crossed the river. 10 minutes later and nothing, turned to look up stream and heard a splash behind me, turned to see the ripples, yeah we are game on. Nah we not. Dropped in the fly right on the nose, don't know who's nose but it wasn't the fishes that came up six inches to one side. So chucked the fluff in again same thing but other side this time. Changed the fly for a nymph haha waste if time, nothing doing, then out if the blue I caught me a stick fish, well snagged a stick and banked that, no net needed and did need a disgorger to get the hook out. It was roughly handled and left in the bank side to suffer and die.
Changes again to a spider. But insy winsy didn't work either. Chap came down who had caught the first time I saw him, we had a quick natter as you do. He asked if he could have a pop in the riffle as last time, so informed him to fill his boots, well waders really. Boy did I feel good when he caught nowt and declared his day done. Change the fly again for a nice floaty thing. And of we went again. Up stream , down stream, across stream , still Nixie, nada, nowt. Decided it was time to call it a day and thanked Terry Wogan's Ghost yet another bankside chat. One day these reports, notes, blogs call em what you will may if lucky contain the words, in no particular order.... Fish, weight , length size , type, species and if really lucky the main one CAUGHT.
That's it for today so home for a brew. Adios amigos.
Only day 7..plenty more ahead fella..

wjg

I hear the enjoyment in your trip reports and the positive desire to learn other skills. Stay at it. Things will all come together in time. I do smile at the relaxed pace. Arriving for the day at 10:30 and stopping for a lunch mid-day strikes me funny. On the weekend I often pour my lunch at 10:30 after having fished 5 or 6 hours already.