December colours...

Cap'n Fishy

... still some colours to be found on 16th December...

Flowers16Dec20_6631.jpg

Flowers16Dec20_6638.jpg

Flowers16Dec20_6644.jpg

Andy Viburnum...

Flowers16Dec20_6673.jpg

Pity a few are withered.

Flowers16Dec20_6748.jpg

Flowers16Dec20_6760.jpg

Flowers16Dec20_6775.jpg

Flowers16Dec20_6784.jpg

Flowers16Dec20_6793.jpg

Flowers16Dec20_6805.jpg

Flowers16Dec20_6820.jpg

Flowers16Dec20_6830.jpg

Col

Cap'n Fishy

Nice Col. It seems to be down to the mild weather as we have a Blueberry bush out the back which is flowering :oops:

Cheers, Sandy. I've noticed Viburnum is like gorse, in that it has a main flowering season, but you can still get lesser blooms in any month of the year.

Col

m r roid

Absolutely stunning pictures, beautiful.
It's very mild down here in the New Forest, I have a pigeon nesting in a large Bay tree in my garden!!!!

Cap'n Fishy

Absolutely stunning pictures, beautiful.
It's very mild down here in the New Forest, I have a pigeon nesting in a large Bay tree in my garden!!!!

Cheers.

It hit 14 C here in Edinburgh one day during the week - Thursday I think? I remember fishing in Sutherland in July a few years back and it never got above 11 C! Also been on Orkney in June when it got down to 4 C by early evening.

Col

Fishtales

Cheers, Sandy. I've noticed Viburnum is like gorse, in that it has a main flowering season, but you can still get lesser blooms in any month of the year.

Col
Our Viburnum at the front door has had three flowerings this year and it is between two houses which can be like a wind tunnel at times. A Camellia just in front of it produced a flower about a fortnight ago and I have just noticed another one coming out :)

Cap'n Fishy

Our Viburnum at the front door has had three flowerings this year and it is between two houses which can be like a wind tunnel at times. A Camellia just in front of it produced a flower about a fortnight ago and I have just noticed another one coming out :)

I noticed there are one or two flowers on the brambles right now!

Herb Robert is another odd one. Most of it flowers in spring, but then there will be a handful of plants that just keep on and on and on... right up to the end of the year.

Col

Fishtales

I noticed there are one or two flowers on the brambles right now!

Herb Robert is another odd one. Most of it flowers in spring, but then there will be a handful of plants that just keep on and on and on... right up to the end of the year.

Col

The Brambles were really late in flowering this year and there were a lot of small berries on the bushes in October as well as flowers when we went foraging.

Cap'n Fishy

The Brambles were really late in flowering this year and there were a lot of small berries on the bushes in October as well as flowers when we went foraging.

I was picking loads of brambles for many weeks there - ended up with a lot of the small ones just 'withering on the vine' in November - sad waste!

Just back from a walk round the cycle path and I managed to take some shots of brambles in flower and with buds about to burst! Will add to thread when I get them out the camera. Also should have a better viburnum shot - from a totally different tree.

Col

Cap'n Fishy

Here's the brambles from this afternoon...

Flowers20Dec20_6839.jpg

Flowers20Dec20_6868.jpg

Andy Viburnum...

Flowers20Dec20_6902.jpg

Flowers20Dec20_6920.jpg

And some more colour...

Flowers20Dec20_6869.jpg

I think this is Berberis darwinii? Another one that has a main bloom in spring but then puts out a few flowers in winter...

Flowers20Dec20_6935.jpg

Flowers20Dec20_6947.jpg

Col