Denson's Birthday Comp/Match on Stocks fantastic turn out..

Cap'n Fishy

Apologies for the delay. Here's my contribution from Sunday's bash. Feel free to say, "That's me in boat xx; weighing in; winning a prize..." sort of thing, as I didn't know who I was photographing most of the time.

<click on images for larger view>

I had another version of this, but he had his eyes shut in it as well!

Thanks to Stu Pengs for his company and for ghillieing me about. In between looking out for things to photograph I was trying to catch the risers on Klinkhammers and hoppers. I found them very tricky - lots of fresh-air shots, refusals, looks, and other interest that leaves the fish on the outside of the boat afterwards. Hats off to the guys with the big bags, but hats off in particular to those who cracked it with the dries.

Col

Guest100

Caption contest:

Ear, why the sheepish look Mr North Country Angler, is that a Co-op bag you're using as a bass bag? :D

Great shots Col, and again, well done to all.

noeyedeer

I’ll echo the previous comments with firstly a thanks to Rob for the invite and the opportunity to fish with fellow forumites, acquaintances old and new plus a good few comp internationals which provided an eye opener for many of us.

My boat partner, Derek took me to parts of Stocks I’d never covered before, showed me the hot spots, plus a good few techniques and a masterclass in drift control round Gull Island with just a tweak or two of the drogue. With the quality of entry I was never going to make the leaderboard but was nevertheless pleased to get a couple of fish on my score, both on dries. :thumbs:

Col superb shots, that’s me in the front of boat 7 – looks like I spent all day tying on flies whilst Derek had his rod bent lol

Here’s a selection of pics I took, forgot to clean the Aquapac cover on the phone so a bit hazy…
Dave R

Setting up...

Heading out

Cap'n Fishy

You mean that handsome specimen with an equally handsome fish Davie? :whistle:
Speaking of handsome fish, I thought you took a photo of that nice overwintered blue I caught (with a very skillful cover - going over its head as it rose, moving away from the boat I might say :whistle:)???

Col

Guest100

Speaking of handsome fish, I thought you took a photo of that nice overwintered blue I caught (with a very skillful cover - going over its head as it rose, moving away from the boat I might say :whistle:)???

Col
Ah, sorry Col, forgot about that one. :eek:

walker2603

Banned
Banned
You mean that handsome specimen with an equally handsome fish Davie? :D
Jeebus...I didn't realise you were an old geezer :D

Only kidding Stu..what's that gear like? Seriously tempted as I get guide prices on Simms gear now. Worth the dough?

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Caption contest:

Ear, why the sheepish look Mr North Country Angler, is that a Co-op bag you're using as a bass bag? :D
A 'Yorkshireman' and 'thriftiness'. There's two words that were meant or each other!

Guest100

Only kidding Stu..what's that gear like? Seriously tempted as I get guide prices on Simms gear now. Worth the dough?
The night before had put 20 years on me Davie. I'm only 25. :D

Yeah, impressed with it. Have worn it through some pretty severe downpours and it's always bone dry. If you're going to get one I'd consider importing from the States. Even when you've paid import duty and VAT on it, it's still around £100 cheaper than getting one here. Don't know how that compares with your price reduction, but they operate a pretty rigid RRP over here.

Last edited:

guest70

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

A 'Yorkshireman' and 'thriftiness'. There's two words that were meant or each other!

Yorkshireman?!!!! Get off Davie!
The Co-op number was reinforced so it wouldn't buckle under the limit bag weight. Something Pengs wouldn't know too much about I'm afraid!

M