Devon River Mole Large Fish Kill

spudgun

Very sad, I just hope someone can be held accountable. Proper sentences or massive fines and not a slap on the wrist. I assume this isn't down to a natural event, my knowledge of such things is limited.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

diawl bach

Terrible, South Molton's quite high up in the system so with these low flows dilution of whatever the contaminant was would have been minimal.

shropshire_lad

Very sad, I just hope someone can be held accountable. Proper sentences or massive fines and not a slap on the wrist. I assume this isn't down to a natural event, my knowledge of such things is limited.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
From my own experience of working in the water industry I think you are right, massive fines and the adverse publicity that goes with them are the only way to go. Also, holding individuals such as company directors to account - so often they manage to conveniently move on before any prosecution or decision. More powers and resources for the regulatory authorities too.

Of course, I should caveat this with the fact that we don't yet know what or who is responsible for this incident.

sewinbasher

There's been an unacceptable number of similar incidents in Wales over the past couple of years, in most cases they were caused by escaping animal slurry. The NRW remain reactive rather than proactive.