Dingle Reservoir, Bolton

romann

Hi,

Great report on your Blog! I have never heard of this place - looks good. Thanks for sharing :thumbs:.

Tom

carlh

Hi
After reading the blog for Dingle Reservoir I visited on Friday.I ended the day after catching 9 fish in total to the net and missing/losing about the same again. I had a great days fishing and the place is a credit to the club who run it.
Carl

boisker

That's a blast from the past..... I grew up on the NW of Bolton, walked around Dingle but never fly fished there, I was strictly coarse fisherman on the Ribble growing up...

fatneck

carlh said:
After reading the blog for Dingle Reservoir I visited on Friday

Great that my blog inspired you to pay it a visit and most importantly, that it was a good session!

Nice one :thumbs:

fatneck

Had a couple of good evening sessions here this week. Sunday's exploits are dealt with in this blog, but went again last night and had three on sedges, rose about 20 and lost a couple. Great sport!

daddypuss

i fish dingle at least three times a week and due to the repair work going on at the higher reservoir next door the water levels have been dropped to the lowest level ever.
having said that the place is stuffed with fish and on the last three visits iv`e had near to thirty fish
always fishes better on a windy day,and wev`e had a lot of those lately and i will expect another good session on saturday

fatneck

Had a short session here on Saturday just gone. It was the busiest I've ever seen it with 7 cars there when I arrived at 8am! However, it didn't feel too cramped even with half the bank being out of bounds. It was a very bright morning and with little wind, I expected a tough day.

After a slow start, I managed a rainbow to a flashy cormorant, a feisty blue trout to a squirmy worm and then the cloud cover arrived, the wind picked up a little bit and it was like a switch was flicked! All of a sudden there were fish rising everywhere and I managed to rise 4 or 5 trout, landing two in the final hour. All fish were in great condition and fought well. I am very much looking forward to an evening session in the next week or so!

Dingle Res_28.05.16 by Simon HUthwaite, on Flickr

Last edited:

fatneck

Dingle opens again for day tickets tomorrow! I hope to be there Tuesday evening next week work permitting...

fatneck

Had a good evening landing three trout all to bright buzzers fished deep, one of which was a good 4lb. It was chilly but I also saw my first swallow of the year :thumbs:

beardywierdy

Might try this place when they get on the dries.
Do you have to get your ticket before, from the shop?

daddypuss

yes. you get your tickets from the top shop on belmont rd. before fishing
and you will most likely be asked to show it whilst fishing as there are a lot of new faces on this year, so dont be offended if asked
just a note tho` there is no fishing when the buoys are out after stocking
hope this helps
brian

beardywierdy

Hi Brian

What is the dry fly fishing like on there?
What is the venue like. I live in Oldham so need somewhere local to fish instead of Pennine.

daddypuss

dry fly fishing is excellent just waiting for the weather to warm up, buzzers doing well at the moment though
fish caught today on hopper poppers and small lures fished deep

fatneck

Fishing really well at the moment. I had three on dries in rather bright and un-ideal conditions on Friday evening. All really close in to Hoppers or FA Cormorants. Then rises died off and I roly poly'd a white snake for an hour which resulted in a further 3 fish. Great fun as they bulge the water on the initial surge and then have to be teased into taking :)

fatneck

Anyone have any knowledge on whether Dingle is open again? Or contact details fro someone who might?