Disapointing day.

3lbgrayling

I was looking forward to the heavy rain that was forecast.Got to the river.but was too late water had already started rising with plenty of fish running. but totally impossible to fish due to the number of leaves in the water.OH well up early again tomorrow to see if conditions are any better(but it's still raining).
PS my new ''Ocean'' flexothane trousers leaked like a sieve.NOTE. They were not Ocean.but Vass.Apology to Ocean.

Jim

Last edited:

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
I was looking forward to the heavy rain that was forecast.Got to the river.but was too late water had already started rising with plenty of fish running. but totally impossible to fish due to the number of leaves in the water.OH well up early again tomorrow to see if conditions are any better(but it's still raining).

Jim
Forecast for Forth valley seems to be wet till morning rush hour then dry till evening rush hour!
You might get an hour or two on dropping water early afternoon.

Bert

codyarrow

I would be happy with disapointment - no fishing up North until the Helmsdale opens on 11th Jan. Even the sea dips off in the winter.

Enjoy yourself tomorrow. (y)

tingvollr

Wild wet and windy up here in Shetland Jim. No fishing opportunities until Thursday and by then most of the fish will be well up the burns. Hopefully manage a few trips before the season for sea trout and salmon finishes on 31st October.

wobbly face

Unlucky Jim with the weather and leaf gods against you, but that's fishing. It's also why after only 1 failed attempt at salmon I gave up trying. :oops:
What would really annoy me, new Ocean flexothane trousers leaking. :mad:

3lbgrayling

Unlucky Jim with the weather and leaf gods against you, but that's fishing. It's also why after only 1 failed attempt at salmon I gave up trying. :oops:
What would really annoy me, new Ocean flexothane trousers leaking. :mad:

Cheers WF..I have enough Salmon under my belt to be not too stressed.But I am old enough to live with it. But the trouser thing is a different matter.Not happy.

Jim

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line

Jim
Still within "normal" range though Jim, big rise seems to have started around 6pm, so should top out around 2am, and slowly fall.
Still think , given state of tides, you should be on water mid day till 3pm to-morrow!
regards
Bert

taffy1

It's always been stated being in the right place at the right time or you should have been here yesterday, fishing, however, yer takes yer chances! Best of luck for later on today & hopefully, a tight line.

speytime

Nice one Jim! shame about Yer troosers 😂.
We never had any substantial rain until last night (Monday), the river was up at 85cm this morning about a foot to high it's not even worth considering, I'm optimistic about tomorrow or Thursday though, it's at 66cm and falling 🤞

Al