Disco dabbler 12

doobrysnatcher

IMG_20210518_191517.jpg

Mies

It'll definitely get their attention. Now whether they want to eat it or not... ;)

doobrysnatcher

It'll definitely get their attention. Now whether they want to eat it or not... ;)
i see what you mean with the flash ,a tad to much ,maybe,so how much flash is enough? ,after all metal spinners have a shiny blade rotating at 100mph and the fish dont seem to mind them,maybe its a case of fight or flight with them and not just a snack

Last edited:

david barnes

i see what you mean with the flash ,a tad to much ,maybe,so how much flash is enough? ,after all metal spinners have a shiny blade rotating at 100mph and the fish dont seem to mind them,maybe its a case of fight or flight with them and not just a snack
I think the answer is that you tie with varying degrees of flash and see what the fish themselves have to say on the matter.
Personally I like to have more flash than normal, a purist might have a heart attack, but isn’t that way we find out?

raphael

Or may be try something smaller and softer than krystal flash (e.g wing'n flash or angel hair)? It might match better with the small size of the fly and it shall intricate within the other fibers. Just an idea, cause I'd definitely fish with yours.

R

doobrysnatcher

Or may be try something smaller and softer than krystal flash (e.g wing'n flash or angel hair)? It might match better with the small size of the fly and it shall intricate within the other fibers. Just an idea, cause I'd definitely fish with yours.

R
i have to agree the crinkle flash is a tad stiff ,thanks for the heads up on the other materials