Dry fly box for bushy mayflies

JayP

I'm after a slotted single sided fly box and ideally silicone lined for large bushy Mayflies so needs to be deeeep.

Anyone know if such a thing exists?

tierradelfuego

I use the Tacky Dry Fly box for mine, but crazily it looks like they have discontinued it for some reason. The only place I can see that has them in stock is Bogdan's site.

Cap'n Fishy

I use the compartment type boxes for my bushy mayflies...

Boxes04Sep20_1632.jpg

If they had a Simms logo on them they would cost £20, but they come from Hobbycraft and cost £3.25

Col

Rhithrogena

Another compartment box, with individual lids. Big compartments. Robust. Cheap. Plenty of space for Mayflies and Daddies...
IMG_20210416_082908095-01.jpeg

IMG_20210416_082949406-01.jpeg

JayP

Thanks for the suggestions, I already have a C&F compartment box and get annoyed when you pull a fly out and all the others come out with it, a PITA especially if it's windy.

If I don't find something specific I'll modify a small C&F box by removing the foam off one side 👍

colliedog

Dont know if it helps, but the box I keep big mayfly and daddy patterns is a deep C&F waterproof box with slits, that started life with a central swing leaf which I removed (it pulled out so could be fitted back in the future). Plenty room for two sides of flies without crushing. I can post a photo later if it helps.

paulfish_1

I use the compartment type boxes for my bushy mayflies...

Boxes04Sep20_1632.jpg

If they had a Simms logo on them they would cost £20, but they come from Hobbycraft and cost £3.25

Col

Just ordered a couple of these. I had been using a C&F copy and the lids on the compartments are guff!

Paul

JayP

Dont know if it helps, but the box I keep big mayfly and daddy patterns is a deep C&F waterproof box with slits, that started life with a central swing leaf which I removed (it pulled out so could be fitted back in the future). Plenty room for two sides of flies without crushing. I can post a photo later if it helps.
Colliedog I think I have the same box in my collection of C&F boxes but the swing leaf seems to be glued in.

colliedog

Colliedog I think I have the same box in my collection of C&F boxes but the swing leaf seems to be glued in.
Yes you are right, it is held in by what looks like a strip of adhesive tape. I just worked the blade of a craft knife in to loosen it.
Here it is. Does the job nicely.

20210418_162318.jpg

I use a compartment box for my dapping flies.

Tony Pesci

I'm after a slotted single sided fly box and ideally silicone lined for large bushy Mayflies so needs to be deeeep.

Anyone know if such a thing exists?
Have you considered this?

JayP

JayP

Latest posts