Dumb Luck and The Kindness of Strangers

Jason 70

It's just arrived on my Kindle 😁.
I've been looking forward to reading it for a while now but I'm going to savour it slowly !

My copy is shipped via Amazon on the 11th. I've got them all apart from Signs of Life, I've enjoyed his writing since my mid 20's long before I picked up a fly rod. I've ordered a couple of books of his for a mate of mine this evening, as I don't lend books out as they have a habit of getting lost.

Enjoy it.

Mrtrout

Read most of his books, some bits are ok when he’s not catching pan fish or black fish or whatever he caught in America.
Cant say he’s my favourite author though.
S.

vital

Have to say that JG is my favourite fishing author (although McGuane's 'Longest Silence' is THE best book), and that watching him answer those questions was almost as fascinating as reading his work. Dearly hope they do produce another Q&A, Thanks to all.
Safe!

Jason 70

Have to say that JG is my favourite fishing author (although McGuane's 'Longest Silence' is THE best book), and that watching him answer those questions was almost as fascinating as reading his work. Dearly hope they do produce another Q&A, Thanks to all.
Safe!
If you go onto YouTube and type in John Gierach you should come across a podcast that's about an hour long. I'm on the train going to work now, so I don't know how to put the link up with my phone. But it's worth a listen.

JayP

Read most of his books, some bits are ok when he’s not catching pan fish or black fish or whatever he caught in America.
Cant say he’s my favourite author though.
S.
I enjoyed Trout Bum but found his other books mostly the same, Haig-Brown however 👍