Early Season Trouting Weekend

johntyzack

Gina Le Faux and John Tyzack will be hosting an Early Season Trouting Weekend in Calderdale 18 -20 April 2008, and we invite attendees...

The weekend is residential and fully inclusive of all accommodation, food, day tickets, tuition, guiding and evening entertainments.

PM me for the details... First come, first served.

JT

royvs

John,

That's the one I missed last year...count me in..you have a pm

johntyzack

royvs said:
John,

That's the one I missed last year...count me in..you have a pm

Well you won't miss it this year my friend, although you are not the first to book by any means!!! You have a PM in return...

deano

JT. Count me and John in for the weekend. We had such a great time on the Grayling weekend. Great fishing, company and top experts, seems an opportunity too good to miss. Cheques are in the post, and we're looking forward to some fish and banter!

Regards

Deano

johntyzack

deano said:
JT. Count me and John in for the weekend. We had such a great time on the Grayling weekend. Great fishing, company and top experts, seems an opportunity too good to miss. Cheques are in the post, and we're looking forward to some fish and banter!

Regards

Deano

Nice one Dean. Met Peter at the Fly Fair yesterday and he's coming too...
Cheers,
JT

johntyzack

To those of you who have expressed an interest in this weekend:

Only four places remain...

JT

royvs

John,

I've got a fair amount of Stroft..what Diameter will we be looking at?

Looking forward to this one.

johntyzack

John,

I've got a fair amount of Stroft..what Diameter will we be looking at?

Looking forward to this one.

Eyup Roy,
Thought you'd gone to ground! Been quiet for a while...
Bring your Stroft by all means. ABR better than GTM. Diameters 0.12 to 0.16 depending on conditions. I prefer other types of mono for my dry fly work...
And forget fluoro full stop!
See you soon,
JT

royvs

Eyup Roy,
Thought you'd gone to ground! Been quiet for a while...
Bring your Stroft by all means. ABR better than GTM. Diameters 0.12 to 0.16 depending on conditions. I prefer other types of mono for my dry fly work...
And forget fluoro full stop!
See you soon,
JT

John,

The ABR seems difficult to find...but, anyway what "other" type do you use for Drys?

Prof....I can tell you, you will learn a great deal on one of these weekends..they are superb value for money and I don't care if that is an unashamed plug for JT and Gina.

johntyzack

John,

The ABR seems difficult to find...but, anyway what "other" type do you use for Drys?

Prof....I can tell you, you will learn a great deal on one of these weekends..they are superb value for money and I don't care if that is an unashamed plug for JT and Gina.

Roy,
Check out Celtic Flycraft on t'internet... They sell it.
Personally, I like Orvis Superstrong for most dry fly work, but it's a matter of personal preference. I have used the Orvis for years...
Good shameless plugging!
JT

yorkio

So what time are people getting there tomorrow then? And what's the weather been like down there? (It's been lashing down here today!)

royvs

I'm aiming for roundabout five(ish).

I'm in the Midlands..dry here today but very, very windy.

I'm getting seriously peeed off with this wind..it's all but ruined several outings I've been looking forward to for months and they weren't cheap either. Weekend in Wales, two days on Driffield Beck and the Elinor Social. Alright, except Wales which was unfishable, I did catch fish but it was an endurance test..not a pleasure.

royvs

My thanks to John and Gina, once again for a superb instructional weekend..you both work extremely hard to ensure everyone goes away a better fly fisher than when they arrived.

The fishing was very hard but I was rewarded for perserverence with this beauty on Sunday afternoon. Cr*p photo, I'm afraid..he was as lively as Billio and would not hold still. Had me all over the river and I thought I'd lost him when he wrapped himself round my wading staff. Darren was downstream and could see what was going on but couldn't work out why I was holding my rod up in one hand and brandishing the wading staff in the other. Anyhow, he came to the net.

My thanks to you both, again.

johntyzack

Nice fish Roy...

My group got a few more like this one down the bottom of the river...
Midges, olives and nymphs all scoring.
Mega tough conditions but well done to all for catching some lovely fish.
JT

Gina

It was very hard fishing and everyone did brilliantly - well done! and I hope we see you all again.

Tight lines

Gina

PS Darren did say he was nervous wading having seen Roy beating off fish with his wading staff!

Latest posts