Early Season Trouting Weekend

yorkio

Nice one, Roy - was that the picture you didn't think had come out?

And just to echo what you said, many thanks to John and Gina for such an outstanding weekend. I now can't wait to get out on the river to start putting what I learnt into practice! (And thanks too to my fellow attendees for being such good company, on and off the river.)

DAS

early season trouting weekend

Just to add my thanks to John and Gina for an excellent weekend. The weather wasn't good and the fishing was hard, certainly compared to last year. However, we all caught fish and, more importantly, we all learnt a heck of a lot. Many thanks, again.

I think Roy is being a little economical with the truth with his description of how he "caught" the trout in the photo. My recollection of the event was that whilst some of us were trying to catch fish by casting size 20 dry flies to rising fish, Roy was actually beating them into submission with his wading staff. A method, I believe, he dreamt up whilst asleep in the bar on Saturday night..................

Seriosly guys, it was a pleasure to fish with you all. And Yorkio, we'll have to meet up at Cow Green very soon.

Daran

sedgeking

Balls of Steel

Hi DAS:D

No suprises for me mate......usually the person beating the stick in the water means he's warding off the Calder crocodiles.......someone has balls of steel to keep their nerve;):rolleyes:

Who has the picture of Roy asleep with the barmaid:eek::eek:

And remember...what goes on on tour.....

royvs

>>I believe, he dreamt up whilst asleep in the bar on Saturday night..................<<

The Silver Fox never sleeps and knows no fear;):eek:

He was working on tactics and yes, the Barmaid had something to do with it:) Girls like that should be banned..chap of my age could suffer something nasty:eek:

royvs

Roy asleep with the barmaid? So, along with the barbed-wire fence on the upper beat, that's two things Roy struggled to get his leg over this weekend :D
Priceless:D:D:D:D

sedgeking

Another learning curve Roy

Turns out that JT has the photographic evidence:eek::eek:

And with a perfect cast at a later date.....I bet he can get a rise from a silver fox:p.....no fear;)

Latest posts