eBay seller, anyone dealt with him.?

Mrtrout

Just been messaging this guy regarding a new Hardy Ultraclick reel.
I wanted to know if he could supply a receipt with it so I can register it with Hardy for warranty.
After three replies he said he can’t as he’s not a business seller and told me to buy elsewhere? Not the best customer service I’ve had.
Hes selling a lot of new expensive gear ?? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hardy-Ul...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
S.

mackiia1

Just been messaging this guy regarding a new Hardy Ultraclick reel.
I wanted to know if he could supply a receipt with it so I can register it with Hardy for warranty.
After three replies he said he can’t as he’s not a business seller and told me to buy elsewhere? Not the best customer service I’ve had.
Hes selling a lot of new expensive gear ?? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hardy-Ultraclick-UCL-4000-345-Fly-Fishing-Reel-Ultra-Lightweight-2021/313329499363?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
S.
Lucky escape there I'd say.

Mrtrout

He’s got two pages of brand new reels, up to £3000 how can he not be a business seller?
S.

Mrtrout

The 4000 is a bit large better with the 3000 Steven

Col

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That right Col, I’d like to play with one first if I’m honest but Norris’s haven’t got any in stock yet.
Will the 3000 take a #4 with backing ok Col.
I like a big arbor.
S.

Last edited:

treecutter

Looks like there are a few of Telewatchers cronies have Ebay accounts.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

andygrey

I'd suggest an email to Hardy, I'm sure that they would be interested... His reluctance to provide a receipt for you to register the reel smells a lot of either 'copy' or stuff coming out of the backdoor of the factory.

andygrey

I actually bought 2 Hardy rods from him back in 2013 (both Hardy Zanes). Very weird transaction and he tried to bump the agreed price.
Both rods arrived and I'm pretty sure that they are the genuine article (I have a 'real' Zane in a different weight and the finish/colour/fittings are identical, as is the action), but no rod tube or sock, just a clear plastic bay with a printed label with its weight/length.
I thought at first that he may have bought the Hardy's warranty stock but on reflection suspect that they were coming out of the back door of the factory in China.
I've still got both rods and they have had a fair bit of use for SWFF.

haggstock

I actually bought 2 Hardy rods from him back in 2013 (both Hardy Zanes). Very weird transaction and he tried to bump the agreed price.
Both rods arrived and I'm pretty sure that they are the genuine article (I have a 'real' Zane in a different weight and the finish/colour/fittings are identical, as is the action), but no rod tube or sock, just a clear plastic bay with a printed label with its weight/length.
I thought at first that he may have bought the Hardy's warranty stock but on reflection suspect that they were coming out of the back door of the factory in China.
I've still got both rods and they have had a fair bit of use for SWFF.
I think there’s a possibility your rods originated from Hardy’s shop in Alnwick . They used to bag up spare parts towards the end of line and sell them at bargain prices . They also sold ex demo gear . I’ve seen some of the old Telewatcher ads for Greys Streamflex mk1 in plastic bags . At the time they were on eBay for £120 . I bought one in Alnwick for £80 . That was in a plastic bag , although the shop them sold me a Hardy tube for a tenner .

benisa

old story of his when I asked him before he got locked up in the Cling

(most probably only did 6.8 months let him out fro being a good boy,)

how come you have these Hardys bits; Answer was that he used to work for Hardy so he got trade priceso_O