EBAY

treecutter

Just a heads up Ebay has stopped using PayPal for payout payments.
They are taking final value fee etc from the payments you receive & will release your funds 2 business days.
It says it will be cheaper than paying Ebay fees + PayPal fees.
Time will tell

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mrtrout

They are taking final value fee etc from the payments you receive & will release your funds 2 business days.
Time will tell

Why don’t they leave things alone,?
S.

3lbgrayling

Time will tell

I take it this is for sellers.

Jim

Mrtrout

Yes for sellers

Did you get an email from EBay Ross, I’ve heard nowt, so what you’re saying is if you sell something now, you won’t get instant payment to your PayPal account?
But you’ll be told it’s sold and you can post it then two business days later you’ll receive the money minus all your charges etc?
S.

JayP

This has been in the pipeline for ages (probably since 2015) with the ebay/ PayPal agreement ending at the end of 2020, the new payment processing back end is Adyen and I guess we will see if its cheaper

Mies

Did you get an email from EBay Ross, I’ve heard nowt, so what you’re saying is if you sell something now, you won’t get instant payment to your PayPal account?
But you’ll be told it’s sold and you can post it then two business days later you’ll receive the money minus all your charges etc?
S.
Haven't received anything myself, Steven. Does this mean that we have to subscribe to some new payment platform?

treecutter

S.
Basically I went on my ebay page & there was a message on homepage saying new payment method.
Went to list & it wouldn't let me until I updated my my payment details.
Had a chat with one of their customer service team about it, at present you can pay for postage before funds are credited but only if you do it through ebay.
Not allowed to pay for goods with your funds.

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Time will tell

This is true - and it's mandatory unfortunately! We have been on their new 'Ebay managed payments' system for a while with Thomas Turner.
Paypal was much easier in terms of understanding which payment matched with which order, now it's much more confusing as instead of each transaction being separate they pay you in one lump sum and then you have to figure it all out. It does also mean that you sometimes have to post things before you have the money in your account. It's such a shame that they changed it!

Regarding Stripe, we are now using that on our main TT website, and it's brilliant! It lets you accept Apple Pay, Paypal and lots of different credit cards, and is more secure than many others. So don't be afraid if you see sellers using that, it's pretty good.

Mrtrout

This is true - and it's mandatory unfortunately! We have been on their new 'Ebay managed payments' system for a while with Thomas Turner.
Paypal was much easier in terms of understanding which payment matched with which order, now it's much more confusing as instead of each transaction being separate they pay you in one lump sum and then you have to figure it all out. It does also mean that you sometimes have to post things before you have the money in your account. It's such a shame that they changed it!

Regarding Stripe, we are now using that on our main TT website, and it's brilliant! It lets you accept Apple Pay, Paypal and lots of different credit cards, and is more secure than many others. So don't be afraid if you see sellers using that, it's pretty good.
If you buy something on eBay can you still pay with PayPal then ?
S.

matt808

I didn't like having it linked through PayPal.
Ebay has just become terrible for selling though, the fees make it not worth it.

Latest posts