Elinor Trout Fishery, Thrapston, Northants

taterdu

Elinor is reasonably local to me and a favourite venue as float tubes are welcomed. It's also very 'manageable' as a float tube fishery as launching and landing is comfortable and cars can be parked close to the launch point.

Elinor offers value for money in as much as a 6 fish ticket plus float tube launch is only £25.50 and the stocking level, fishing in what is usually clear, spring fed water, is exceptional.

I was there today and had 27 fish to the tube between 9:30am and 3pm, best a full tailed 5lb 11oz fish. The fish are clean and hard fighting and respond well to small imitative patterns, skinny buzzers and lightly tied spiders.

Really worth a visit.

delray

I had all but forgotten about Elinor Trout Fishery and was reminded by a pal of mine who took me along there today.
Ed (the owner/manager) kind of remembered me despite it being at least 3 years since my last visit, and with his advice on board we had a brilliant day of action catching a good few very lively, fit rainbows, most of them on dries, others on nymphs fished in the surface film. These fish "do 'ang on".
The fish were pretty much located in a small section of the fishery, and if the fella in the brown coat is reading this; Thanks Very Much! He was catching fish for fun from his boat and kindly moved out of the way for another boat, which happened to be us and while we didn't have his ability/knowledge, we had a great time in that spot. I'm not sure our day would have been one quarter as good without that area being made available to us.
Cheers to him and to Ed,
Del

Rob Edmunds

Small blobs on intermediate, small tadpoles especially black or damsel variations and you won't go wrong.

"Dam" end (left from boats the bottom bank and not really a dam as we know it ) or directly in front of the boats about 40m out...

goldeneye243

Small blobs on intermediate, small tadpoles especially black or damsel variations and you won't go wrong.

"Dam" end (left from boats the bottom bank and not really a dam as we know it ) or directly in front of the boats about 40m out...

Thanks! I will give that a go :)

Latest posts