Embsay reservoir

noel

Has anyone any info on this place lately , the old thread is coming up with " insufficient privileges " ?

jaybeegee

Has anyone any info on this place lately , the old thread is coming up with " insufficient privileges " ?
Had a stroll round it with the Memsahib this morning Noel. I don’t know how I’ve missed this one, especially as one of my old fishing mates had a sister living in the village. It’s a really nice looking spot in stunning surroundings, good car parking and easy access from most banks…no fishing from the dam wall and one small area given over to Craven Sailing Club.
There were two blokes fishing, one spinning and the other flyfishing in a very tasty looking spot with a beck bringing a good flow fresh water in. As mentioned above it’s a Skipton water and day tickets are £16. There’s a good website with some pics of cracking looking fish, browns, rainbows and tiger trout…also a good head of perch to a good size. There are a couple of videos on YouTube that are worth a look.
I shall return.🙂
Fish and chips in Skipton on the way back!

B64B3193-6350-40C5-8E5E-BBCC6B87C578.jpeg
4BCE85EB-D482-4094-A5B1-FFC80B01C0A2.jpeg

B

Last edited:

noel

It does look interesting and is only 90 mins from home and £16 for the day is serious value for money .

beetlebum

I also never knew about this place and I must drive past it on my way from Lancashire to Nidderdale where I usually fish. Definitely one for me to check out.

jaybeegee

I also never knew about this place and I must drive past it on my way from Lancashire to Nidderdale where I usually fish. Definitely one for me to check out.
If you go for a look the A59 turnoff to Embsay is closed for roadworks, 🙄 so you will need to drive into Skipton town centre and take the road passed the castle then follow the signs for Embsay.
B

jaybeegee

I had an afternoon on Embsay today, bought the day ticket online from the Skipton Anglers’ website via PayPal….nice and easy. In the car park I met a member who was just leaving, he’d blanked, but had seen fish feeding sub surface and he recommended a couple of spots. It was flat calm and drizzling steadily and I made for the north west corner facing into the direction of the forecasted light breeze ( it didn’t materialise ). Stocked stillwaters are a bit alien to me so for a start I put on a streamer and fished the margins first and then gradually further out into about five feet of water……not a touch. Then I spotted a fish feeding leisurely just under the surface with it’s dorsal out the water, then another one and guessed they were feeding on buzzers. No buzzers in my fly box though, so I put a klink on the point and a waterhen bloa 🤣 four feet above and degreased the leader in the hope that the spider would fish in the surface and it worked, but just the once…a very fit rainbow of about two pounds on the bloa, bet it hadn’t seen one of those before! I did see some very good fish feeding in the same way but I couldn’t tempt them and was happy enough not to blank anyway and I’m glad I tried it…just need to tie a few buzzers now. 👍
B

Latest posts