England Rivers Final 2014

Yellow Dancer

The final was fished in settled conditions after a very dry month. The nature of the Dee meant that the river level was held up, and after a two week close down hopes were high for a good competition.

Over the 2 days all the four beats produced around 100 measureable fish (over 20cm). The successful anglers employed a full range of tactics: drys, nymphs, wets, duo and mini lures were all successful for both grayling and trout.

New National Champion Mike Heritage fished the Golf Course are on day 1 and the Bathers Beat on day 2. On the first day he targeted mostly browns, and grayling on the second day.

The team to represent England in the 2015 Home International in Ireland is: Mike Heritage, Howard Croston, Andrew Scott, Mike Dixon, Simon Robinson and Lewis Hendrie.

I am most grateful to the host club, Llangollen Maelor Angling who welcomed us to there superb waters, and to my main assistance Mike Mason and Roger Johnson.

Martin Dixon
Organiser

orange_blob-albums-fish-picture16092-results.jpg

tackletrout

I believe the Rivers National was fished over 2 days for the first time this year. It's interesting to note that the top 5 after the first day were still there at the top at the end of the second day.

Latest posts