Eridge stream- groombridge

markemark21

Hey guys, not too sure if I've put this in the right place.
But I live near tunbridge wells and ive come across eridge stream near groombridge place, as I drove over it the other day I decided to have a look and noticed there are trout in there. Wanted to know if any knows if I can fish it. Or where i can get permission to fish it i cant seen to find anything online part from crowbrough anglers but they have a section guitar far up.
If anyone could help that would be great

roger h 10

There always were wild browns in the stream that you're referring to,as there were in most of the streams that cross the Ashdown Forest. I know that 60+years ago the stream was private but don't know about it nowadays.

roadrunner1000

When I was a boy me and my mates sometimes caught the train from Tunbridge Wells West station (now Sainsburys etc) to Eridge and fish the river for trout. I don't know who owned the fishing rights as we would run for it if anyone approached or a car slowed down :)

roger h 10

When I was a boy me and my mates sometimes caught the train from Tunbridge Wells West station (now Sainsburys etc) to Eridge and fish the river for trout. I don't know who owned the fishing rights as we would run for it if anyone approached or a car slowed down :)
Same here I used to catch the train from Tonbridge to Groombridge when I stayed at my aunt and uncles. Also used to fish the Half Moon stream which was nearer to Crowborough.

markemark21

Same here I used to catch the train from Tonbridge to Groombridge when I stayed at my aunt and uncles. Also used to fish the Half Moon stream which was nearer to Crowborough.
So it's free to fish I'll have to look it up

danielp

So it's free to fish I'll have to look it up
Nothing is free in these parts!

The trout fishing is generally hard work for little gain, they can be caught but mainly early or late in the season. There are a few decent sections in the area but half the enjoyment is finding them so i wont ruin that for you ;)

markemark21

Haha very funny. What ment was were is the the moon bit and how to get there.

roger h 10

Haha very funny. What ment was were is the the moon bit and how to get there.
The Half Moon is ,or was, a pub on the road from Groombridge to Crowborough. If you leave Groombridge heading towards Crowborough instead of turning left at the mini roundabout towards the station go straight on and when the road goes to the right carry straight on and it is on the left along that road.

markemark21

The Half Moon is ,or was, a pub on the road from Groombridge to Crowborough. If you leave Groombridge heading towards Crowborough instead of turning left at the mini roundabout towards the station go straight on and when the road goes to the right carry straight on and it is on the left along that road.
Thank you appreciate that I will look when I finally get a break from work