European Cup Rugby

BobP

Yes, superb game. Got a bit sphincter clenching towards the end but Exeter held their nerve and were deserved winners. I wonder if Racing make a bit of a c*ck-up by taking Zebo off when they did?

There are lessons to be learned by the England set-up. You get to the opposition's red zone you make sure you come away with points as Exeter almost always do, and if the opposition get to yours you make sure they don't come away with points more times than not. That 19 phase defence by Exeter must have had an enormous moral effect on Racing.

delray

Zebo was having a great game and did look a little p'd off. The other change I felt was significant was replacing Chat at hooker; he was possibly the best carrier on the park, but perhaps he had emptied his tank.

Russel? Lions number 10 or a liability? The pass that led to the try on the right was sublime, the one picked off by Nowell not so much. Love watching him play though.

Mies

Yep, nice to see some new blood picking up the cup but Racing must be kicking themselves. That flakey first twenty minutes cost them the game. They appeared to be nervous from the kick off and especially Ibaren. Don't know why he wasn't substituted for Machenaud earlier in the game. He obviously wasn't 100% starting the game. As Del said, taking Zebo off at a crucial stage of the game was also an odd decision. It's going to be tough for Racing to pick themselves after that result especially with three cup defeats in five years. Still, a great game to watch and hats off to Exeter.

mrnotherone

Russel? Lions number 10 or a liability? The pass that led to the try on the right was sublime, the one picked off by Nowell not so much. Love watching him play though.

Just an opinion, but I don't think the Lions can beat SA with Russel at 10. He makes too many errors and Gatland won't tolerate it for a few flat passes.

billy fish

Great win for my local team . Cowan Dickie was my man of the match and Sam Simmonds a close second . Joe Simmonds , an excellent kicker, but needs to work on his game management. He should have put in the odd chip or grubber to slow up the Racing defence . Russell’s chip kicks always looked dangerous and caused problems . He will get there but is not a Lions player yet . Would I take a chance on Russell for the Lions ? I’m a fan of Biggar and I’m English . I don’t think you can leave Farrell out of the mix but definitely not at centre . Ford is only good with “go forward “ ball and I think Sexton is past his best . There you have it . Lions no 10’s , Biggar and Farrell.