Ey up, owdoo.

DutyDruid

Nah then.
Sorry guys in my haste to join the forum I totally missed the introduction bit. Ooops.
The name is Ray, I live in the steel city in God's own County. Been fishing for a lot of years on and off, the off has been mainly due to work and family commitments. The old man taught me what to do at a very early age and it went on from there. Have triedmost types of the sport from the cane rods and fixed line in Holland to feeding the fish on the multicoloured telephone over the side of sea fishing boats off the coast in Cornwall, suffice to say that Terra Firma fishing IS the way forward, well for me it is. Went from puddle fishing to river fishing for Barbel a few years ago and from fixed spool to pin reel about the same time. Since the to never be forgotten great lockdown of 2020, I have spent the best part of 2 months ( won't bore you with the details ) in hospital. This gave me time to reflect on life and it's direction with regards to fishing. I thought long and hard about how much gear we take to enjoy the sport so many of us love. And I decided that when I escaped from stalag luft 39 I was going to be a fly fisherman. The wife didn't understand why. Then it was the you are not buying any more fishing stuff bit, well that got out straight . I wear the trouseres in our house, she says I can. Sourced a rod, ABU GARCIA DIPLOMAT for the king's ransom of 35 doubloons and all ready to go it was. Watched the videos read the posts, joined the group's, asked the questions, aquirred the freebies( thanks Lee71 ) who doesn't like a freebie, goods or knowledge,but still dry flies. Hopefully in the very near future when the drugs are stopped by the Docs I can get my feet and the flies wet.
Well that's me
Thanks for letting me join the forum and start to ask all the silly never been asked before ( yeah right ) questions.

DutyDruid

Yer reet at ome on ere lad.....

I always say, no matter where you are in life, you can't have too many Yorkshire men..🥳

For the rest of us I recommend https://imfromyorkshire.uk.com/yorkshire-sayings/ for a reasonable translation service. If stuck, just smile and nod 🙂
By Eck, thanks fer that kiddo. Dunt think ah need that translation service thas purup theer. N tha reight theer, tha cun niver av enuf,of us Yorkshire folk.

GEK79

Nah then.
Sorry guys in my haste to join the forum I totally missed the introduction bit. Ooops.
The name is Ray, I live in the steel city in God's own County. Been fishing for a lot of years on and off, the off has been mainly due to work and family commitments. The old man taught me what to do at a very early age and it went on from there. Have triedmost types of the sport from the cane rods and fixed line in Holland to feeding the fish on the multicoloured telephone over the side of sea fishing boats off the coast in Cornwall, suffice to say that Terra Firma fishing IS the way forward, well for me it is. Went from puddle fishing to river fishing for Barbel a few years ago and from fixed spool to pin reel about the same time. Since the to never be forgotten great lockdown of 2020, I have spent the best part of 2 months ( won't bore you with the details ) in hospital. This gave me time to reflect on life and it's direction with regards to fishing. I thought long and hard about how much gear we take to enjoy the sport so many of us love. And I decided that when I escaped from stalag luft 39 I was going to be a fly fisherman. The wife didn't understand why. Then it was the you are not buying any more fishing stuff bit, well that got out straight . I wear the trouseres in our house, she says I can. Sourced a rod, ABU GARCIA DIPLOMAT for the king's ransom of 35 doubloons and all ready to go it was. Watched the videos read the posts, joined the group's, asked the questions, aquirred the freebies( thanks Lee71 ) who doesn't like a freebie, goods or knowledge,but still dry flies. Hopefully in the very near future when the drugs are stopped by the Docs I can get my feet and the flies wet.
Well that's me
Thanks for letting me join the forum and start to ask all the silly never been asked before ( yeah right ) questions.
Welcome can't wait for the never been asked before questions... 😜