Farmoor 2 New Season Details

farmoor2

The new season at Farmoor will open on Saturday March 10th and promises to be even better than before with a new stocking policy, investment in a new fleet of boats and a series of beginners events.

For 2007 we have significantly changed our stocking policy, all Rainbow Trout stocked will now be a minimum 15” giving an average weight of 1 ½ lb – 1 ¾ lb. With Farmoors renowned growth rates these fish will quickly reach 2lb and will be well over 3lb by the end of the season making them far less vulnerable to predation. The real benefits of this will be seen in 2008 when these fish are caught as hard fighting, fin perfect over-wintered specimens. Also, we have doubled the amount of Brown Trout being stocked, this coupled with our optional catch and release policy on these long - lived fish means we should see even more like the many magnificent double figure specimens that were caught in record numbers during 2006.

2007 PRICES
FISHING PERMITS

8 FISH £22.00
4 FISH * £17.00
8 FISH concession £19.00
4 FISH concession * £15.00

Concessions are available to OAP,s (over 65) and registered disabled

Under 16’s may fish free of charge as long as they are accompanied by an 8 fish ticket (£22) or season permit holder, (limit is shared)

We offer an excellent novice permit giving 3 visits for only £5, novice must be accompanied by 8 fish ticket (£22) or season permit holder on each visit. (limit is shared)

Season Permit £475.00
Season permit allows holder to fish as often as they wish for almost 11 months and has a daily limit of 8 fish and weekly limit of 24 fish
50 FISH Winter Season Permit £150.00
Available October – January Inc’

BOATS

2 Anglers 1 Angler
FULL DAY £12.00 £10.00
PART DAY* £10.00 £8.00
SPORTING £30.00 £17.50
12 BOAT TICKET £100.00

Permits marked * are only available for
The last 7 hours of the day

Fully stocked tackle shop

All anglers fishing at Farmoor must be in possession of a valid Environment Agency Rod Licence

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO BOOK A BOAT
PLEASE CONTACT THE WARDENS OFFICE
Tel: 01865 863033 Mobile: 07747 640707

Email: farmoor.information@thameswater.co.uk
Or visit www.thameswater.co.uk

Rivereden

Prices of Season Tickets

Hi Paul

Just nearly fell off my chair when i saw the prices of the season ticket !!!!!!!

I thought that it was going to out price me from your place.......

However when you read it properly £475 to fish 7 days a week over an 11 month period this should actually save me a few quid. I reckon i fish around 2-3 times a week some weeks more if i am off work. 3 day tickets = £66 a week. 48 weeks in your year x £66 = £3168.

Whilst i appreciate i don't always buy a full day ticket prefering sometimes just to buy the 4 fish i still think that this does represent excellent value and as its within a short drive from home count me in.

Glad to see your stocking policy has changed however i have never really found your fish to be that small anyway!

Where do i buy my ticket, at the fishery or direct from Thames water.

Charliea1234

Looks great value - I just wish I lived closer.

Last year, I made my first visit to Farmoor and had several more, each of them an absolute pleasure. I did feel the fish were a little small, but they more than made up for that with their willingness to take near the top and our TCF forum visit during "daddy soup" was a riot.

Well done and please keep up the good work, I'll be over in the summer.

Charlie

farmoor2

[QUOTE
Where do i buy my ticket, at the fishery or direct from Thames water.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that!
You can buy the ticket direct from the wardens lodge either in advance or on your first visit of the season.

The fish were a little on the small side for my liking and this was a constant source of complaint so this will make a huge difference.
Despite any moans about size, the fighting qualities of Farmoor fish has never been questioned. Very few waters are capable of the kind of growth rates we see here and these bigger stock fish will very quickly reach 2lb so prepare yourselves for some REEL battles this season! :D

JohnH

Very few waters are capable of the kind of growth rates we see here and these bigger stock fish will very quickly reach 2lb so prepare yourselves for some REEL battles this season

...and having been lucky enough to catch a few over the years I can say that a grown on Farmoor fish is a superb specimen.

See you later in the spring Paul :D

EF DUCK

Aye up Paul, I see your boys have given up footy and taken up Golf!!:eek: :D
Seriously though mate, our kid will be down to sort out the coming year with you, as I am away for 5 weeks, I look forward to the New Season massively, and as a footnote, Farmoor Trout are the best eating Reservior Fish I have had!!
Cheers
Bob:cool:

farmoor2

EF DUCK said:
Aye up Paul, I see your boys have given up footy and taken up Golf!!:eek: :D
Seriously though mate, our kid will be down to sort out the coming year with you, as I am away for 5 weeks, I look forward to the New Season massively, and as a footnote, Farmoor Trout are the best eating Reservior Fish I have had!!
Cheers
Bob:cool:

Never had you down as a sun reader Bob;)
Don't tell me you actually believe EVERYTHING you read! I will have to start posting more often if that's the case :D
Off to Barca for 3 days in the morning so will update you on our handicap when I return!

Hope to see you at Farmoor soon

carpist

Hi
Whats happening with farmoor 1 .
The last i heard it was to be opened as a big fish water??

farmoor2

carpist said:
Hi
Whats happening with farmoor 1 .
The last i heard it was to be opened as a big fish water??

We will be making an announcement regarding the future of Farmoor I in the very near future, for now I'll just say we are very exited about the plans for this water! :D

m.fisher

week monday and i shall be there.....hope the weather stays mild. looking forward to the new season Paul. My wife agrees with the comment about the fish. She only wants me bringing Farmoor fish home and they taste the cleanest. Oh well, whatever the little woman wants I suppose. :D :D :D

Rivereden

Nearly time to start

Hey in just over 12 hours time i will be camped outside the front gates guys so make sure that the kettle is warmed up. Looking forward to the new season. The weather looks perfect too............:p

m.fisher

Deeply upset. work have asked me to work monday instead of fishing. to make it even worse they are compensating me with money. I could have turned it down but....

Enjoy the wekend. look forward to some posts of what i've missed for the next 2 weeks!:mad: :mad: :mad:

farmoor2

Opening day at Farmoor has started well with Phil Hall weighing out the seasons first 8 fish limit for just over 18lb (all stockies) caught on floating line and buzzers. All anglers are catching fish and happy!
A few good over-wintered fish of 2.5lb + have been banked but mainly this years stockies averaging just over 2lb each. Give these fish a few weeks to silver up and they will be stunners. :D