Farmoor II Double Figure Brown!

farmoor2

See PHOTO GALLERY page for a picture of a Brown Trout estimated between 10lb - 12lb caught by Gareth Jones of Airflo on 4-11-06 at Farmoor II reservoir, Oxford.
Caught on Minkie Booby on causeway bank this is the 5th double figure brown of the season at Farmoor! The fish was safely returned and was part of a 9 fish bag for Gareth. Rod average was just over 4 for the day with most fish being taken on minkies or boobies in the upper layers (1' - 6')

peter

Is the causeway open all the time know for every one or just visiting dignitaries. :rolleyes:

mugsy53

I believe that for most of the season the causeway is opened for anglers fishing Farmoor II only when the wind is in the north but that it is open all the time when trout fishing stops (about now?) on Farmoor I. The Senior Fishery Manager will put you right, I'm sure.

Mugsy

farmoor2

The causeway is open at any time as long as the wind is either from a Northerly or Easterly direction as in the NW wind we had yesterday and is open all the time when Farmoor 1 is closed which is now Xmas - 1st April.
Hope that clears up any confusion or cynicism!

Rivereden

Visiting dignitaries ! is that what you call someone from Airflop

Then Peter your fishing the Thames from now on.:D

Latest posts