Farmoor reservior

BobP

chilli pepper

Ignore ***** replies to your query. They are supreme in their ignorance.

BobP

chilli pepper,

I just googled oxfordshire b&b and there are loads of them as one would expect. I suggest you look a bit further out to keep costs down. Try googling Ducklington Farm b&b which is at Witney. Easy run down the A40 to Farmoor.

Anjinsan

Depending on the the time of day the A40 can be a nightmare.
There are travelodges situated in Didcot,Abingdon. The Bell hotel in Faringdon does reasonable accomadation about 25 minutes from Farmoor. How long you down/up this way for?

Sean

JohnH

Back in the day when I lived in South Bucks and travelled to Farmoor via the A40, it's now the A34 and Abingdon route I take, I always used to like the look of the Talbot Arms pub near Swinford Bridge. Which is no distance at all from Farmoor. And they offer accommodation ... The Talbot Inn Eynsham

Guest666

Banned
Banned
The food at the Talbot Inn is good, Chequers in Cassington is okay as well but at this time of year accommodation is not always easy to come by. Have a look at LateRooms

sewinbasher

I've stayed at the Premier Inn at Witney, not very far away at all, and these are about the best of the budget chain hotels.

tbs

I work at Farmoor fairly frequently. I have stayed at the Swan hotel Eynsham and the White Heart Eynsham both for about £45 per night B&B which is not out of the way these days. Neither were bad pubs and both very close to Farmoor about 5 to 10 mins drive. There is also the Talbot which is a bit more expensive. Depends on your budget requirements

Good luck

Ian

tenet

But does anybody have up to date info on how it's fishing? The Ranger's twitter feed has not been updated for a week and no news from the usual respondents.

8ft4wt

But does anybody have up to date info on how it's fishing? The Ranger's twitter feed has not been updated for a week and no news from the usual respondents.

I fished F1 yesterday, the day went as follows:
Arrived at 4pm, it was very bright and I couldn't see any fish moving so tried a small white lure to see if the pin-fry feeders were about. I didn't get any interest so tried a team of buzzers at various depths, again no interest. When it started to cloud over and the occasional fish put in an appearance, I swapped the point fly for a floating-fry pattern, washing-line style. Immediately started getting takes on the floating fry and got my first fish at 6pm. By 7 I'd had two more, one one the fry and one on a dropper (diawl bach).
I then switched rods and and fished a single dry, one take & one fish. So four in total plus a couple lost (both on the floating fry). I fished until 9:30 and didn't see a significant rise; certainly nothing like the last time I was there 2 weeks ago.
I only saw two others fishing and spoke to both: one hadn't had a touch and the other lost one at the net.
One of those "should have been here last Thursday" days...

Good luck!

steve2

Looks like someone has been a bit naughty.
Here are yesterday's twitter reports

Any angler caught breaking any Farmoor rules will be banned!

We would like to remind ALL anglers that Farmoor 1 is Catch & release ONLY! Also Farmoor is a fly only fishery, i.e NO baits are to be used

on a brighter note:

Rod av: for 7/9/15
F1 bank 1 for 2=2.0
F1 boats 2 for 18 = 9.0
F2 bank 13 for 29 = 2.2
F2 boats 7 for 14 = 2.0
Daddies/sedge & fry patterns.

Latest posts