Fashion?

JoeOh

Rydale (Yorksire Trading Co.), Regatta and Peter Storm covers me . Fish don't seem to mind. It's easy to spend huge amounts on fishing clothing. Up to the individual. A while back, second hand Barbour waxed jackets were commanding very high prices in the fashion world, as long as they had a worn, used appearance.
Maybe breathable waders with designer tears at the knees will become vogue !

colliedog

Oh, maybe I'll just return mine then 😉

Seriously though, it's just expensive sh1te. if people want to buy it and wear it to the pub, good for them. To get upset about it being cultural approPriation seems OTT.

Personally I try to avoid rip off branded clothing from fishing tackle suppliers, finding Mountain Warehouse, Decathlon and Go Outdoors sufficient for most of my f ishing and outdoor apparel. Waders, wading jackets and felt sole boots excepted.

sean freeman

One of my neighbours is a big fan of South2 West8, frumpy looking to me but each to their own. I’ve noticed a poster on here with the same name so their clothing obviously has some fans within the fly fishing community.

ohanzee

I had a Barbour Tarras fishing bag, just before it was completely knackered(patinated with lots of character) I put it on ebay, it sold to a man in London who wanted it as a cool manbag and I got more than the £65 that I paid for it (y)

airsprite

It was my birthday yesterday, i got a really nice Orvis wax cotton cap.
so I'm ready for any rain we might get, can't come soon enough.

Steve

ohanzee

I go for the retro anti fashion look, for that 'I'm not trying to hard' sort of vibe.

JoeOh

Barbour waxed jacket: old, worn and used - on young handsome guy - Fashionable.

Barbour waxed jacket: old, worn and used - on me - Police slow down when passing.
Folliwing the trail of Pheasant feathers and Salmon scales no doubt !

ohanzee

I wasn't nicking this pheasant Sergeant Blaketon, it just followed me home! ;)

My grandad used to carry a row of pegs strung on a rolled up net in his pocket, a gamekeeper, he knew where all the pheasants lived, when he came across one he pegged the net in a spiral and walked the pheasant in, lost skill that.