Feb 2022

cwhite

Hi.
I am looking to book a sun based holiday next February half term. Not really looking to fly for longer than 5-6 hours.

A destination that offers good salt water fly fishing but also is family friendly. I'm looking to source the fishing outside of the holiday package as i want to be fishing with a guide for maybe four days out of the seven.

This is a bit specific, I know but I have to consider my family.

Any ideas or info will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

original cormorant

Hi.
I am looking to book a sun based holiday next February half term. Not really looking to fly for longer than 5-6 hours.

A destination that offers good salt water fly fishing but also is family friendly. I'm looking to source the fishing outside of the holiday package as i want to be fishing with a guide for maybe four days out of the seven.

Cheers

Chris
First find a sun based holiday in February within 6 hours of the UK.

stevel

Canary Islands, such as Fuerteventura? My brother-in-law from Madrid went there a few weeks ago, was in the mid 20s, looked stunning. Lots of fishing operators, he sent me pics of fishing boats doing sport fishing; your fishing would have to be salt oriented though

t44

Slightly further but Antigua as the closest of the Caribbean islands, 7hrs 40 last time I went, gets you into Bonefish, Tarpon, and Permit

Mrtrout

Madeira offers fly fishing on mountain streams I read an article in T & S years ago.
S.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Hi.

Cheers

Chris
Will depend on what you want from the salt water aspect.
Lots of opportunity for mullet in and around Med, but you will have to do serious searching for guided fishing.
Cape Verde worth a look, depending on where you fly out from is around 6 hours but again, depends on what you expect from salt water.
Having said that, if you can handle 6 hours flight time, go the whole hog and get to Cuba! 9 hours.

Hi Chris,

I am happy to help you in that aspect. I run an outfitters/guide service based in southern Quintana Roo, Mexico. Whilst it is a little further away then you are looking, the extra few hours are well worth it. Down here we have a plethora of guided and DIY fishing options, chasing Bonefish, Permit, Tarpon, Triggers and predators. There are a ton of great hotels, restaurants and activities for the family down here and prices are much cheaper than other Caribbean destinations.

If this is of interest, please feel free to drop me a line on here or an email to info@flyfishcm.com. You can also drop me a line via WhatsApp to +447463808035. I am always happy to chat fishing.

Tight lines,

Will

caeran

+1 for Mexico
Great hotels too.
I have had some great fishing there and it came about as a result of a chat with the lad running the water sports at our hotel.
He put me in touch with a local boat and I was well looked after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

docsalmo

Cape Verde (islands of Sal and Boa Vista) offers very good fishing. Lots of different species. But very windy, so fly fishing is out of the question most of the time. I was there a couple of years ago and made this short movie about it. In the morning we caught some baitfish from the rocks. In the afternoon we went to a sandy beach and used the fish to catch sharks. Also had some small bonefish. You can also go out at sea with the locals.

(warning : no fly fishing)

Latest posts