Feedback on Maxcatch gear

2306chris

The prices on the Maxcatch site make the kit look outstanding value for money. Has anyone any feedback on quality particularly on fly lines and fly boxes? Thanks...

shortcircuit

As above, the Maxcatch thread has it all.

I have had very little to complain about from them. Particular highlights for me have been the the Real Gold fly line and the Trout Lite fly rod

skajtrout

Chris, the thing to remember is that Maxcatch (or Qingdao Leichi Industrial & Trade Co. Ltd to give them their actual name) already make fly rods, reels, lines, boxes etc for most of the major brands that you've previously been buying from. The genie is right outta the bottle nowadays, knock yerself out - you won't believe how good their gear is for the money, or complete lack of it.

Skaj

skajtrout

Well, well, well.... Just writing the above prompted me to have a quick look at Leichi's website - www.flyfishingsupplier.com - they are now listing their "Partner Brands" on the homepage. Which I'm reading as "companies we are an OEM for" take a look...

Well hello Snowbee, Vision, Guideline, Scott, Cortland and, ahem... Orvis. Fancy seeing you there...

Skaj

tangled

Well, well, well.... Just writing the above prompted me to have a quick look at Leichi's website - www.flyfishingsupplier.com - they are now listing their "Partner Brands" on the homepage. Which I'm reading as "companies we are an OEM for" take a look...

Well hello Snowbee, Vision, Guideline, Scott, Cortland and, ahem... Orvis. Fancy seeing you there...

Skaj
Not seeing that on the home page - got a link? More info?

edit: found it - in the scrolling header :cool:

Last edited:

2306chris

Chris, the thing to remember is that Maxcatch (or Qingdao Leichi Industrial & Trade Co. Ltd to give them their actual name) already make fly rods, reels, lines, boxes etc for most of the major brands that you've previously been buying from. The genie is right outta the bottle nowadays, knock yerself out - you won't believe how good their gear is for the money, or complete lack of it.

Skaj
Thanks Skaj....I'll stock up before the season!

morayfisher

Trust Member

Skaj
I bet those brands aren’t over the moon about appearing on Leichi’s home page.
It would be interesting to know what they supply to whom. Rods, reels, lines Etc. but I doubt that info would be forthcoming.

geordie41

The ultralight series of rods are excellent . I bought a little 6ft 1# for some of the tiny overgrown streams I sometimes fish , I wasn’t expecting it to be decent but thought it was worth a punt for a few quid . I was definitely surprised to find it to be a very nice little rod !
I’m very happy with my ultralight set up, I matched the rod with a barrio small stream line and a little Maxcatch reel .
I was sent a free line with the rod from Maxcatch but I’d already bought the small stream line .
i would definitely recommend the ultralight rod for small stream fishing especially as the whole set up cost me less than £50 that’s including the Barrio fly line !