Finished raffle vice.

luke troutstalker

Banned
Banned
The vice is done, and again, many thanks to all that participated, and also thanks for having the confidence to get involved when the prize wasn't even finished.

Here's a a few pics of the bullseye speedboat ;)

Vice with attachments.

Base, it has 4 neodymium magnets recessed into the base. Also, the top of the stem boss is dished, this will also act as a pot for beads etc.

Corresponding magnets in attachments:

Lastly, the hook bead pots had to have a 1mm hole drilled into the centres to relieve the air that was trapped in the pocket the magnets set into, the 8mm diameter x 3mm deep holes had enough trapped air to compress and push them back out. I had to drill through to let the air escape.

G

guest54

Hate to be critical but where is the display case?. Nice Victorian domed one would be perfect. :thumbs: Space on the mantle ready and waiting.:D
Lovely job Mike and some well thought out additions. :thumbs:

beryl

Tickled you didn't anticipate that:) a tiny drill through before or after milling and all the evidence would be disguised. Just me being me of course:D The jaws look a step up from the Stonfo? Not available as an accessory?

Whatever. I'm still convinced your original stick vice covers all bases unless you need rotation. Being able to rotate the tip in the other plane so easily through 90 degrees to finish off parachutes/klinks without tying blind and trapping the hackles you have so carefully laid down is a pleasure.

Last edited:

baztek1

overtime request is in mike, if i dont win we will need to have a chat i think :D:thumbs:

luke troutstalker

Banned
Banned
Without wanting to be 'smashie & nicey' :eek:mg:, just to let you know it's all kosher, donation made to FFH for £1000 :thumbs:

Last edited:

baztek1

never entered my mind to think otherwise mike and im sure it was the same for everyone else :thumbs:

Scotty90

the vice is done, and again, many thanks to all that participated, and also thanks for having the confidence to get involved when the prize wasn't even finished.

Here's a a few pics of the bullseye speedboat ;)

vice with attachments.

base, it has 4 neodymium magnets recessed into the base. Also, the top of the stem boss is dished, this will also act as a pot for beads etc.

corresponding magnets in attachments:

lastly, the hook bead pots had to have a 1mm hole drilled into the centres to relieve the air that was trapped in the pocket the magnets set into, the 8mm diameter x 3mm deep holes had enough trapped air to compress and push them back out. I had to drill through to let the air escape.

beautiful!

baztek1

i have too agree with ACW i hope whoever wins it uses it as much as time allows, it would be a shame not too.

heathenwoods

That is a real Bobby dazzler. I'd love to win it and have a real, grown-up vice but at the same time I'm pretty certain my tying efforts could never do it justice. :D Form and function in harmony :thumbs: