First day of a hucho season

BlueOne

After many seasons of more or less exclusively flyfishing for hucho, i have decided to start the season with a spinning rod and not a flyrod.

YouTube

BlueOne

First ever...i managed to film an underwater hucho attack, but did not hook it as i underestimated the weight and resistancce of underwater camera and had a rood that was too light...basically i did not even move a lure in its mouth.

YouTube

Vermontdrifter

Based on your videos I think that

A. You are having way too much fun
B. I want to join you!!!!

Please keep posting as your video’s are always a breath of fresh air. Just make sure you know the water release times before fishing the power turbine again!

BlueOne

John, yes we managed to improve population, however, the problem which we have is that due to a weir that gave up above and was a part of a gravel holding pool, we have a disater as gravel has filled the river and considerably degraded habitat so majority of big huchos went down into the accumulation lake.

Vermontdrifter, thank you for kind words, perheaps some day we shall fish together, who knows, actually met a great friend through this forum and flyfishing for hucho together :) Regarding the videos, i shall be adding them to the channel, so you can check that too :)

Here is a new video:

YouTube

BlueOne

One big hucho cought in a style of "the movie" but also some other stuff like how to recognise a stocked hucho, habitat loss etc.

YouTube