First Glass Rod

sean freeman

This is my nicest reel, it’s getting used and abused already and I intend to get my money’s worth from it! Anyone who knows me will know I’m obsessed with brook trout so it was always going to happen!

6A5045C2-043C-4970-8CC7-7233F7D109C5.jpeg

Uncas

Good for you Sean, lovely reel you have there.
I was looking at the new narrow spool Perfects with line ring very nice but at 699.00
A mere bagatelle.:ROFLMAO:

sean freeman

Good for you Sean, lovely reel you have there.
I was looking at the new narrow spool Perfects with line ring very nice but at 699.00
A mere bagatelle.:ROFLMAO:
Haha ta! I thought one would be it but I’m fancying another 😂 I do have a perfect but it’s in major need of restoration! An old 1912 check blue agate. Turned up in an outhouse in the south of Ireland of all places! Must have been there 40-50 years.

9D0A5664-A129-417A-B6E1-9B01B40AD25C.jpeg

Hardrar

Not many reels I can think of which appreciate greatly, I suppose early Hardys, some EVHs, Bogdans, and some quirky ones like Ari H. In general if you can get what you paid is doing well.
I knew this guy who I met on a destination trip. He openly admitted having a "disease" and had over 300 reels, mostly contemporary makes. When he bought them, he had to have the full set in all sizes.
In the end he sold his entire collection to the classic reel dealers at probably a fraction of the cost.
For me I couldn't have a nice reel sitting on a shelf just because I would reduce resale value if I used it or scratched it.
I used to do the reel accumulation thing, but I have a set of very nice bench reels (less than 10), all of which I use.
I use all mine regularly, but do look after them, Abels Tetons Vosseler Hardy Fin-Nor Steelfin Ari’s Pflueger Backwinder Loop never sold one less than I paid for it, some I sold at 10 times what I paid years before.

stevel

Haha ta! I thought one would be it but I’m fancying another 😂 I do have a perfect but it’s in major need of restoration! An old 1912 check blue agate. Turned up in an outhouse in the south of Ireland of all places! Must have been there 40-50 years.

View attachment 31123
Just one more, right? :ROFLMAO: Just did the quick google for Abel TR fish graphics and there are a few nice reels out there (a Vaya in Brook trout graphic and also a 5/6 TR Native brook trout), quite a bit more than the standard black one though! :oops:

PS I have the ORCA manual of reel restoration. If you want to have a go at it, let me know!

Last edited:

Latest posts