Fish farming regs relaxed

bobmiddlepoint

I can't imagine it will make much if any difference, SEPA have hardly been rushing round checking this sort of stuff and handing out fines left right and centre!

Given that SEPA are currently dead in the water after a cyber attack on 23rd December I doubt the fish farmers need to give any thought to regulation for the moment.

Andy

skyeman1

Can we expect reports of more "seal damage" and consequent escapes from cages?

skyeman1

I'd rather we allowed them to increase holding capacity of current stock, than be faced with that scenario!
Yes, the lesser of the two evils. However, fear lowest cost calculation will be decisive.

raphael

Be sure I'm not buying farmed salmon for years, neither Scot or Norge or Irish...
It may be time to prepare a whole European ( :sneaky: :sneaky: ) boycott campaign for this rubbish. But who would enforce it?

R

Last edited:

catzrob

Be sure I'm not buying farmed salmon for years, neither Scot or Norge or Irish...
It may be time to prepare a whole European :)sneaky::sneaky: ) boycott campaign for this rubbish. But who would enforce it?

R
Yea I love smoked salmon but I won't buy farmed and wild is expensive, hard to get, and a bit difficult to defend in the face of the current crisis so I don't eat that either. :(

Laxdale

rubber legs

Banned
Banned
Bodies like SEPA cannot do much without approval or instruction from the Scottish Government. The instructions to relax regulation came from above would be my guess.