Fish SKB Fly Line Range

We have an 8# prototype arriving towards the end of July. The idea being that we were going to test it before committing to mass production, a bit like we did with the cold water version. I'll check with the factory later today to see how it's progressing and then we can offer it up for evaluation. :)

carlcarp

Have to say what cracking lines - I used the U'max floating 7# on sunday eve at Barrow tanks - coped very very well throwing a good distance into a very stiff wind (not bad considering 3m above water and thus cannot shoot under wind) and with the breeze behind or from side it was down to the backing with just a couple of false casts :thumbs:

Had to leave too early and thus missed out on the action :(

Have to say what cracking lines - I used the U'max floating 7# on sunday eve at Barrow tanks - coped very very well throwing a good distance into a very stiff wind (not bad considering 3m above water and thus cannot shoot under wind) and with the breeze behind or from side it was down to the backing with just a couple of false casts :thumbs:

Had to leave too early and thus missed out on the action :(
Glad to hear it CC! :thumbs: We're always happy to read testimonials like that! :)

Rich'

millar7

Hi SKB

Ordered two line last night, have been hearing great reviews on your lines. Looking forward to trying them out and will post my review on them, am sure you will throw in a wee gift for me haha.
:D :thumbs:
Thanks

Liam Millar

8ft4wt

My WF3F arrived yesterday - thanks. The loops & glue are a very nice touch. Haven't tried it yet, but it spooled up without any tangles, so looking good so far!
Martin

langleeford

Re: Fish SKB Fly Line Range Midge Tip #7.

To Rich' of Scunthorpe:wine:

Enjoyed the chat with you and your valued opinions/advice.
The line arrived today with a fly "bonus".The line is now spooled up and hopefully will get the chance to use it before Christmas.Many thanks for the speedy service and the fly bonus - couldn't have chosen a better selection of flies.
Wishing you and all the forumites a very happy Christmas,

Brianof..........:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Re: Fish SKB Fly Line Range Midge Tip #7.

To Rich' of Scunthorpe:wine:

Enjoyed the chat with you and your valued opinions/advice.
The line arrived today with a fly "bonus".The line is now spooled up and hopefully will get the chance to use it before Christmas.Many thanks for the speedy service and the fly bonus - couldn't have chosen a better selection of flies.
Wishing you and all the forumites a very happy Christmas,

Brianof..........:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
You're welcome Brian Of! ;)

Seasons greetings to you as well! :D

We're now back to a full compliment of all Pitsford Pirate Ultra and Ultra Max lines.....

SKB Pitsford Pirate Ultra Fly Lines

SKB Pitsford Pirate Ultra Max Fly Lines

Ultra%20WF6F-WF8F%20-%20Hi-Vis-156x156.jpg
Misty%20Grey%20-%20Intermediate-156x156.jpg
Ultra%20Max%20WF5F-WF8F%20Mint-White-156x156.jpg

.......and for those after a winter pike, Floating and Intermediate SKB Dog Fly 10# lines are now gracing the website again alongside the sinking version that have all proved so popular. Alongside the Dog Fly Rods and Reels in stock, they make a great package. Call us on the SKB phone number (see website for details) if you're considering a pike outfit. We'd be happy to look at a bulk purchase discount for you! :thumbs:

SKB Predator

WF10F-156x156.jpg
WF10I-156x156.jpg
WF10S-156x156.jpg

Can we just remind our customers that it's now advisable (18th December) to request First Class Recorded post in order to get parcels delivered before Christmas.

Many thanks! :thumbs:

Rich' and Chris

geo4316

First time iv used you guys, ordered 2 midge tip lines which arrived the next day :thumbs: great price, great service will def use you again. Cheers.

ChrisC84

Re: Hyper Max

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new fly line, the SKB Campbell Baird Hyper Max Floating Line
We have spent a year developing this line with Campbell Baird who has been doing the testing at Woodford Fishery. These are being launched at the Dublin Fishing Show next weekend and we are taking huge numbers of pre-orders. The initial batch we have sold to Woodford Fishery have also all been pre-ordered. There is a huge amount of excitement about this line from those who have seen it in action.
It is a floating line that stays high in the water, will increase your casting distance and has exceptionally delicate presentation ability. It also comes complete with a Roman Moser loop.

If you are in Surrey I can show you one, if you are near Lincolnshire Rich can show you one, and if you are in Ireland then you can view them at Woodford Fishery or visit us in Dublin next weekend.

You can also pre-order them now on our site for dispatch week commencing 23 Feb.

We now have stocks of the new SKB Pitsford Pirate Ultra DT3F and DT4F. Quite a few of our customers asked for these lines to be changed to a less obtrusive Olive colour so, that's what we've done! :thumbs:

Double%20taper_zps31odsu3j.jpg

Link: SKB Pitsford Pirate Ultra DT3F-DT4F

Back in stock are the ever popular SKB Pitsford Pirate Ultra Max Midge Tips in weights 5 - 8. These seem to out-sell just about every other line we produce so get your orders in fast! :D

Midge%20Tip_zpsid8y96uj.jpg

Link: SKB Pitsford Pirate Ultra Max Midge Tips

iainmortimer

Now thats service for you! I have to say that the WF5 line I bought off is very nice to use. Very little memory from the box, all memory disappearing after a stretch for around 30 seconds and a couple of fish, and it shoots very nicely.

Question, are these lines capable of handling big salt water flies for bassing - in which case I'll be buying another!

ChrisC84

Hi Iain,
You'll be glad to know that we do indeed have a line that is perfect for your bass hunting! Our Sea Fury lines will see you right, and we have them in a wide range - floating, inter, sinking etc. Full details are here - SKB Sea Fury Cold Saltwater Fly Lines

Cheers,
Chris

Ha! He got there first! As he says........:D

New stocks of these due in very soon. We got cleaned out of them by anglers at Ladybower who like them for when it gets windy there! Keep an eye on the website Facebook and here for news of the new arrivals.

Last edited:

adsdad

I've been on the look out for a nice 6wt line for my new reel for a few weeks.
After chatting to you at Stafford I have been waiting for the new Hyper Max in a #6. Just spotted it on your website so ordered it.
Got to try and stop myself watching the inside of the letter box waiting for it to come.
Cheers
Ade

I've been on the look out for a nice 6wt line for my new reel for a few weeks.
After chatting to you at Stafford I have been waiting for the new Hyper Max in a #6. Just spotted it on your website so ordered it.
Got to try and stop myself watching the inside of the letter box waiting for it to come.
Cheers
Ade
Ade, we did hope to start shipping later this week but are running a bit behind schedule (from the website estimate) with the lower weight Hyper Max lines which Campbell and the factory are in the process of addressing. We all want these lines to be as popular as their heavier cousins have proved to be (3 production batches sold out since February) so it's the correct approach to take, not rushing something out for speed's sake.

Please keep an eye on the website and on here, or call me on the SKB telephone number for news as we get it or to discuss things! :)

Latest posts