Fishing landscapes

cu wader

Banned
Banned
DadsPictures082.jpg

Fog It!

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
DadsPictures091.jpg

Sundown.

Last edited:

Cap'n Fishy

Morphie

Three views of 'The Dyke' at the top of Morphie beat on the North Esk. Taken yesterday at the end of the day's fishing, so light about right for it anyway ;)

Had me old 40D with me in case something came up. Coupled with a Tamron Superzoom 18-270mm - gets you anything if you are prepared to fix chromatic aberration in ACR. No ND filter, but pressed a polariser into service (2 stops) and stopped down to lengthen shutter speed to the max. Had a mini-tripod with me (essential). Took sets of 3 shots on AEB at -1, 0, +1 EV, which were processed in ACR6 and then exposure-blended in Photomatix Pro 3.

Although the forum software displays at 758 pixels max on the long axis, I think landscapes in particular benefit from viewing at the largest size available, so I have sized these at 1000 wide. If you click on the images they should display at full size.

6776_7_8.jpg

6779_80_81.jpg

6782_3_4.jpg

Col

Guest100

Love the shots Col. I keep meaning to try and get round to taking some shots of moving water with some ND filters, so expect a few PM's soon asking for some tips.:D

wingman

Cumbria beside the field with the sheep in it.
[QUOTE

Had me old 40D with me in case something came up. Coupled with a Tamron Superzoom 18-270mm - gets you anything if you are prepared to fix chromatic aberration in ACR. No ND filter, but pressed a polariser into service (2 stops) and stopped down to lengthen shutter speed to the max. Had a mini-tripod with me (essential). Took sets of 3 shots on AEB at -1, 0, +1 EV, which were processed in ACR6 and then exposure-blended in Photomatix Pro 3.
QUOTE]

Nothing technical there then capnfishy.....

Cap'n Fishy

[QUOTE

QUOTE]

Nothing technical there then capnfishy.....

That's 1.1.1 stuff - you are supposed to have been keeping up with this - there will be a test, you know :whistle:

Cap'n Fishy

Love the shots Col. I keep meaning to try and get round to taking some shots of moving water with some ND filters, so expect a few PM's soon asking for some tips.:D

Stu - First tip would be to have an ND that is the same thread as your lens. That's where I went wrong at the weekend :whistle:

Col

Scratch

Banned
Banned
Winner winner, sasuage dinner :) Don't know if you had to process that one much Col, but whatever you did, it was just right.

Last edited:

Cap'n Fishy

Winner winer, sasuage dinner :) Don't know if you had to process that one much Col, but whatever you did, it was just right.

Wingman - look away now. Nothing done in the basic processing Rob, but the original in full colour was a bit 'lacking'. So, I converted to black and white, then added a gradient map to apply a split toning using the preset 'copper to blue'. The recipe is foreground 4A616F, background E6CFAA. Then adjusted the sliders for best effect.

Col

Cap'n Fishy

Perfect 'cept for the top being clipped off - IMHO. :eek: .

Tough house! I did consider keeping both the top of the tree and its reflection in the shot, but in the end I went for zooming in a bit (50mm on a C-sensor) to give a tighter composition, which had the necessary effect of clipping either the top or the bottom. I thought that clipping one of them balanced the equally clipped left side, and by going for the top it diverts the eye to the unclipped (and stronger) reflection in the water.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :p

Col

Scratch

Banned
Banned
Perfect, 'cept for the composition (and the colours) being as dull as dishwater. :)