FISHING NOW ALLOWED

glueman

My eldest lad has set up 3 desks in their living room each with a computer and the grandkids are doing full days schooling on line it can be done but I will agree it helps they go to private school not state ones
The computers have come from his offices so not purchased especially though I did read that some games consoles will connect to the web

Mmmm - my 11 year old son is upstairs doing another full day of on-line learning interspersed with some 'live' lessons - live today so far has been Spanish. Yesterday he did PE during which he went up and downstairs 125 times! I've been impressed by the commitment he is showing.

However, maybe that's because Mum is a Headteacher and Dad is a retired teacher . . . poor little bugger!
Your an example of why I said most and not all.Some parents are taking it serious and giving their children a continued education as much as they can.Others are treating it as a holiday or weekend and cant be bothered.
They will also be the ones on tv next having a good moan about why their kids are not getting on in life and blame everyone else, rather than themselves.
My grandkids are coming on leaps and bounds thanks to their parents spending time actually teaching them things. They still get to play and taught values of life.

ohanzee

How many kids have a PlayStation or an Xbox?

Answers on a postcard please, or check this one out
https://www.pocket-lint.com/apps/ne...-use-google-classroom-on-xbox-and-playstation

A large percentage but they don't all have microphones and cameras to work face to face, and it depends on the age group, many now do everything on their phones and don't own a computer.

I'll be taking all classes online now until the end of lock down, the students that engage in class engage online, no concerns there, most will complete what they would have in class, likewise students that struggled in class are struggling online.

haggstock

Apparently shooting is also now on the list of approved exercises , with the same caveats , don’t travel outside of your area , don’t meet up with more than one individual from another household . No organised gatherings such as driven or clay shooting . The difference with that and fishing of course is that you might have a ticking off from plod if you stray too far when angling , you’ll lose your ticket if you push it with shooting .

Jeltz

I had a look at my local river yesterday, although the level has dropped a couple feet it is still in flood. The other thing of note was how cold it was, bloody freezing! which explains why there wasn't a single angler to be seen for miles.

smallmouth

Everyone has a picture in their minds, some of somewhere that's not safe, some where fishing is a private matter
Of my trout fly fishing options, three are just far enough away for me to feel as if I’d be taking the p1ss to travel there. The fourth will be so crowded with so many lime green and black spandex clad cyclists and runners, pram pushers, kid amusers, ramblers and dog walkers, that even if it was possible to park, I’d feel no safer than if I was in a supermarket.

Down the canal will crowded with lime green and black spandex clad cyclists and runners. Though no doubt I’d be welcomed as a new source of entertainment by the over friendly Special Brew Crew, something to brighten their aimless day. But they seem to be exempt from wearing masks or observing social distancing, so not for me.

If I walk a mile and half down the hill, there’s a small river which holds some coarse fish such as chub, dace, barbel and in the rapids, increasing numbers of grayling. However the adjacent footpath has been grabbed for house building, forcing a procession of lime green and black spandex clad cyclists and runners, pram pushers, kid amusers, ramblers and dog walkers on to the narrow, (less than two metres wide), river path. All slipping and sliding along in a mixture of mud, slush, litter and dog crap.

I think I’ll stick with garden jobs, walking the dog and fly tying, at least for now…………

glueman

Take care with where you go. Derbyshire police have fined people who have driven 5 miles to foremark reservoir to walk on the public side. Also said taking a hot drink with them was a picnic and not allowed. They have also been staking out Calke abbey park

blithfield2

........so many lime green and black spandex clad cyclists and runners,

lime green and black spandex clad cyclists and runners.

.......of lime green and black spandex clad cyclists and runners, pram pushers, kid amusers, ramblers and dog walkers on to the narrow, (less than two metres wide), river path.
Can I take it from this that you not a great fan of said coloured material?

smallmouth

Can I take it from this that you not a great fan of said coloured material?

Well errrm, I don't wear it myself.

It's the entitled behaviour of some of the wearers of it I'm not a fan of. Particularly some cyclists, the ones whose behaviour when using a footpath or towpath, reminds me of some canoeists on non navigable rivers.........

But the spandex outfit seems de rigueur for lots of cyclists round here. What possesses a tubby middle aged bloke, with a physique resembling a cross between Ian Beale and an easter egg, to encase himself in the stuff is beyond me.

I've no doubt it looks very very alluring indeed on some people though...............

Last edited:

anith

Take care with where you go. Derbyshire police have fined people who have driven 5 miles to foremark reservoir to walk on the public side. Also said taking a hot drink with them was a picnic and not allowed. They have also been staking out Calke abbey park
Big problems during the last lockdown at Formark and Calk, parking on blind bends,gateways car prangs the lot.

haggstock

As we can't travel far I will stand on my front lawn and shoot pigeons
My front lawn earlier today .
76630919-7859-433E-BA81-B64DFF9B91C3.jpeg
BAD6DDFB-A338-4B5E-B023-1AB07597FE0F.jpeg

anith

Not to do with parking on the road as car parks are both open but checking how far you have come to park in said car park
Without the police presence the car parks would soon be full .the two ladies drove from Ashby a town in the middle the national forest and surrounded by super walks .

glueman

Without the police presence the car parks would soon be full .the two ladies drove from Ashby a town in the middle the national forest and surrounded by super walks .
Yes but only 5 miles so think of that if you go traveling to fish, foremark is my nearest pond not my club waters and is somewhere between 15 and 20 miles away and a change of county so no fishing

Banksie

My bold/red - as someone who cannot work from home , and has to travel to work (a drive of around 5 miles, in a job that cannot be done from home, for those who would snipe), I can confirm that in the area I live the roads are no quieter now than they have been for months. This lockdown is nothing like the first, as far as I can tel, in terms of how quiet my local roads are - in the first lockdown back in March/April last year the roads were blissfully quiet and very different to how they are at the moment.
I noticed it’s not the same as the first lockdown when there was no traffic, only buses. Sometimes several passing by at the same time, all empty.
I hope I didn’t offend you in any way. You mentioned ‘those who would snipe’. Being easily confused, I’m not sure if I have or not. Sorry if I have.

pusser

I noticed it’s not the same as the first lockdown when there was no traffic, only buses. Sometimes several passing by at the same time, all empty.
I hope I didn’t offend you in any way. You mentioned ‘those who would snipe’. Being easily confused, I’m not sure if I have or not. Sorry if I have.
No, that wasn't aimed at you, no worries ;)

pusser

Here's the latest advice from AT, they are reiterating the 'local' definition given by the govt, ie. town, village or part of the city in which you live. However, there is a recognition that there will be a need to travel for outdoor exercise. This should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your area to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space).

anith

Yes but only 5 miles so think of that if you go traveling to fish, foremark is my nearest pond not my club waters and is somewhere between 15 and 20 miles away and a change of county so no fi