FISHING NOW ALLOWED

anith

Yes but only 5 miles so think of that if you go traveling to fish, foremark is my nearest pond not my club waters and is somewhere between 15 and 20 miles away and a change of county so no fishing

anith

Take your point Glueman,no problem for me i will be at home trying to stay alive until i get the jab.

glueman

Take your point Glueman,no problem for me i will be at home trying to stay alive until i get the jab.
So will I unfortunately in my area delivery of vacines is not until next week and at just short of 80 it will be a few weeks before they get to me. Keep safe fishing can wait

Banksie

Take care with where you go. Derbyshire police have fined people who have driven 5 miles to foremark reservoir to walk on the public side. Also said taking a hot drink with them was a picnic and not allowed. They have also been staking out Calke abbey park
Maybe those particular officers were using real loopholes and looking for any sign of edibles to ‘prove’ a picnic was about to take place?

“Is that an energy bar, Madam?”. Or, “There’s a distinct aroma of illicit savouries, sir. Would you mind removing the keys and stepping out of the car? That’s right sir. Now face the car and put both hands on the roof. Thank you sir. Have you had any crisps since leaving home today?” or something like that.

Paul_B

Maybe those particular officers were using real loopholes and looking for any sign of edibles to ‘prove’ a picnic was about to take place?

“Is that an energy bar, Madam?”. Or, “There’s a distinct aroma of illicit savouries, sir. Would you mind removing the keys and stepping out of the car? That’s right sir. Now face the car and put both hands on the roof. Thank you sir. Have you had any crisps since leaving home today?” or something like that.

Good god man, they were carrying a cup is that not evidence enough 😂 😂 😂

It does take a bit of believing

ohanzee

What happens when all these old people are vaccinated? are we going to see young people complaining that they are all out breaking lock down putting them at risk? :)

taffy1

What happens when all these old people are vaccinated? are we going to see young people complaining that they are all out breaking lock down putting them at risk? :)
I'm almost sure lockdown restrictions are still in place for everyone, irrespective of a vaccine, Hands, Face, Space, still applies. Even after inoculation you are still capable of transmitting the virus.

ohanzee

I'm almost sure lockdown restrictions are still in place for everyone, irrespective of a vaccine, Hands, Face, Space, still applies. Even after inoculation you are still capable of transmitting the virus.

I'm just making fun, I like the idea of opening the pubs for millions of vaccinated pensioners, no one under 60 allowed in :D

ohanzee

I'm not so sure anyone sees any "fun" in this current crisis....it may be a bit more serious.

I would hope those that have faced isolation for a year, and now close to protection might see the irony.

ohanzee

I don't think those that have lost family, relatives and friends will ever connect to seeing irony.

It wasn't intended to offend, just trying to lighten what is a dark time, my apologies if it fell short.

taffy1

No need for an apology, it's a trying time for many of us, an uncertain future for sure, it's still a sensitive situation that has impacted on many people throughout our islands. Should vaccines be administered, slightly quicker, everyone may then get the benefit, at present, supply & demand are somewhat, distances apart.

ohanzee

No need for an apology, it's a trying time for many of us, an uncertain future for sure, it's still a sensitive situation that has impacted on many people throughout our islands. Should vaccines be administered, slightly quicker, everyone may then get the benefit, at present, supply & demand are somewhat, distances apart.

Its coming, they will get a grip on vaccines and then it will accelerate, its just a matter of hanging on that bit longer, already straining past breaking for many but not so long ago it was only a hope.

mackiia1

Keep the bright side out Taffy.
It's a trying time for everyone - but there is (hopefully) light at the end of the Tunnel.
January to March is often the time of year when people feel a bit down and this year especially so.
The next few months will be tough - but we have got to believe that the Vaccines and lockdown measures will allow us emerge into something much more normal and life will be good again.

taffy1

Its coming, they will get a grip on vaccines and then it will accelerate, its just a matter of hanging on that bit longer, already straining past breaking for many but not so long ago it was only a hope.
Of course it's coming, they've approved a third vaccine. Moderna. Let's hope manufacture can supply to the demand. Sooner rather than later.

caeran

A bit of black humour never goes amiss imho

And to inject a bit of reality there were almost as many auld yins out on the lash as there were youngsters.

I am now in the elderly and vulnerable category but personally don’t regard myself as either

Will I be rushing back to the pub ( I was a regular attendee) ?
No I don’t think I will , I have become accustomed to avoiding crowds and “ not going out”
A drinking buddy - a more regular attendee than I ) has told me that he and his wife have saved close to £10k since March and says he now realises just how much he was spending on a few pints most nights and a meal on a Friday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulD

Will I be rushing back to the pub ( I was a regular attendee) ?
No I don’t think I will , I have become accustomed to avoiding crowds and “ not going out”
Caeran, I feel much the same as you but fear that such action would be grossly selfish on my behalf. I dread to think what the atmosphere would be like in the village pub without the benefit of my sparkling wit and repartee. So, it is with a sense of social and community duty that I'll force myself back to the pub.

caeran

Lol
What was I thinking ?

If I didn’t turn up by 21:05 on a Thursday night they would send a “ rescue team” to come and get me!

We owe it to the hospitality industry .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk