Fishing shirts.

skinner

Here’s a good buy .. Filson also and half price....
£150 they are to buy but £70 now from this shop...

skinner

Here’s a good buy .. Filson also and half price....
£150 they are to buy but £70 now from this shop...

Description
An all-season version of our iconic shirt, the Filson Lightweight Alaskan Guide Shirt is made with a 5-oz. cotton that’s pre-washed for a broken-in feel and vintage appearance. A pleated back and relaxed fit provide a full range of motion through the shoulders. This versatile shirt is built to last through years of wearing.
ITEM NO.
FABRIC
5-oz. pre-washed cotton
USAGE
Field, Workwear, Everyday
CARE
Machine wash
ORIGIN
Imported
Features
  • Made with midweight, breathable

beetlebum

Rohan do one, it's called the Expedition shirt I think. It looks the business and is in the sale at the moment, down to £50.

PaulD

Vermontdrifter

Dickies are really hard wearing work shirts and pants but from memory they needed to be washed a few times or thrown into a dryer with an old tennis shoe to break the fabric a bit otherwise the material could be a bit stiff.

sean freeman

In summer time I like wearing the patagonia capilene shirts. They keep you nice and cool and they’re rated SPF50.

G

GEK79

I'd already been to my local Craghoppers and Trespass, they didn't have anything I liked. It was all very flimsy. Don't fancy the online stuff either. I've ruled out check pattern as I always feel like an imposter pretending to be awfully country doncha know. Just me I know.
The Mil Tec looks nice but seems to be fitted, not good in my shape.
I like the Decathlon.
I like the Carhartt.
I like the Simms from John Norris.
I like the Orvis Chambray.
I quite like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B5VGHZ0/ref=twister_B00SKH98DK?_encoding=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

The Splintress has just looked in and cut the choice down to Carhartt, Simms or Dickies.
Decisions decisions.

S.
The carharrt is a nice shirt and reasonable price.. Simms possibly expensive depends on your budget. Dickies has always been a hard wearing brand.. The Choice is yours.. 😜😜

Cap'n Fishy

My main criterion is a button-down breast pocket on each side, so I can I put my phone in one and my wallet in the other and not be all lopsided! 🤪

My lightweight summer shirt is an Army Navy stores one I bought at least 20 years ago. Still in good condition.

My heavier cotton twill one came from Primark of all places. You'd never know it wasn't a specific countrywear type garment. Had it a few years now - very sturdy and robust. The make is Farrell. This is not identical, but it is quite similar...

Col

Damo

Hi,

Allen Fly Fishing, a forum sponsor, have most of their clothing for sale at a silly price. I´ve got a few of their shirts, jackets and long johns and I can highly recommend them ( I bought most of them when they were much more expensive). Limited sizes in some of their stuff, though. The Primaloft jackets are particularly good, same filling as Simms and are very light and robust.

Cheers,

Damian F

beetlebum

....Shame, just had a good look at the site and they mostly only have small sizes left.
That green insulated jacket is a bargain though, there are mediums left too, £30 for a primaloft jacket! If I didn't have two similar jackets already I'd be having one of those.

mackiia1

I like the Craghopper gear.
I have the shirts, t shirts, pants and fleeces.
Good quality and a nice fit - and a lot cheaper than than the crazy prices for branded 'Fly Fishing' stuff.

splinters

Hi,

Allen Fly Fishing, a forum sponsor, have most of their clothing for sale at a silly price. I´ve got a few of their shirts, jackets and long johns and I can highly recommend them ( I bought most of them when they were much more expensive). Limited sizes in some of their stuff, though. The Primaloft jackets are particularly good, same filling as Simms and are very light and robust.

Cheers,

Damian F

Sadly none left in my size.
S.

vital

Agreed re Craghoppers, Trespass, and Military First. Sometimes you can get lucky if you go to one of those Orvis Sale days that travel the country. I got a really nice heavy cotton khaki shirt from Cotton Traders a few years back, Its the most comfortable, but I don't know if they still do them, but it would be worth a look at one of their outlets.

Latest posts