Fishing shirts.

JayP

My main criterion is a button-down breast pocket on each side, so I can I put my phone in one and my wallet in the other and not be all lopsided! 🤪

My lightweight summer shirt is an Army Navy stores one I bought at least 20 years ago. Still in good condition.

My heavier cotton twill one came from Primark of all places. You'd never know it wasn't a specific countrywear type garment. Had it a few years now - very sturdy and robust. The make is Farrell. This is not identical, but it is quite similar...

Col
Windsor Davies wants his shirt back...

benisa

i get the craighoppers at trade price so always go for them plus they have button down pockets and you can get the Anti-insect shirts

always look at T K Maxx they have some good deals

splinters

Well thanks for all the input, in the end I went for the Craghoppers Kiwi long sleeveed shirt in the oatmeal colour. It arrived this morning, seems very nice.

S.

skinner

Well thanks for all the input, in the end I went for the Craghoppers Kiwi long sleeveed shirt in the oatmeal colour. It arrived this morning, seems very nice.

S.
I use the Kiwi trousers all the time for fishing and I’ve got some for work... they last a long time 👍

haggstock

Hi,

Allen Fly Fishing, a forum sponsor, have most of their clothing for sale at a silly price. I´ve got a few of their shirts, jackets and long johns and I can highly recommend them ( I bought most of them when they were much more expensive). Limited sizes in some of their stuff, though. The Primaloft jackets are particularly good, same filling as Simms and are very light and robust.

Cheers,

Damian F

Cheers Damian , I followed the link and I’ve got a hooded Primaloft Gold zip up winging it’s way to me from the USA for the princely sum of £34.95 delivered . I’m not to sure if the ‘radioactive neon snot’ colour is suitable for the more mature retired chap, but I’ll give it a go !

Last edited:

Damo

Hi Haggstock,

Hope you like the jacket - I´ve got the same one, without the hood, and it´s great - the colour is a bit bright, though. I normally wear mine with a wading jacket over the top, so it doesn´t really matter.

Cheers,

Damian

haggstock

Hi Haggstock,

Hope you like the jacket - I´ve got the same one, without the hood, and it´s great - the colour is a bit bright, though. I normally wear mine with a wading jacket over the top, so it doesn´t really matter.

Cheers,

Damian

Yesterday there was a card in the post . My total order with postage was £35 . HMRC want just over £7 for import VAT , and Royal Mail £8 handling fee . The coat arrives on Tuesday , it’s now a £50 purchase , but still cheap for a Primaloft Gold jacket . I must admit it’s not the first time I’ve paid duty from the USA , but It makes you wonder how much VAT is evaded on Chinese deliveries where under declaring value is a matter of course .

wobbly face

Yesterday there was a card in the post . My total order with postage was £35 . HMRC want just over £7 for import VAT , and Royal Mail £8 handling fee . The coat arrives on Tuesday , it’s now a £50 purchase , but still cheap for a Primaloft Gold jacket . I must admit it’s not the first time I’ve paid duty from the USA , but It makes you wonder how much VAT is evaded on Chinese deliveries where under declaring value is a matter of course .

My order has arrived at Heathrow, just waiting on email or card to say I have to pay import tax. :eek: I've been hit 3 times now, 2 from US and 1 from Russia. Never been hit with anything from China! 🤫🤨

william henry

Surely Maxcatch produce a fishing shirt , hand made in Wuhan for all those that like a bargain 😉

skinner

I’ve been hit by a few rods from the US in the past ....wankers 🤔😉😀

original cormorant

So in a few months we may be getting duty and handling charges for stuff from europe - better start getting it shipped via Qingdao

benisa

if prices go up on fishing gear from Europe the shops will have to cut there profit otherwise
our money will be burning a hole in our pockets

could even be more deals around