Fishing with a syringe

Segami

Having decided not to go to the river today, I opted instead to trim the plants in my 2.5 gallon, Walsted tank/bowl, only to find my White Cloud Mountain Minnows had spawned and hatched for the second time in a week.

So spent two hours trying to catch the tiny fry, 1mm - 2mm with a syringe. Certainly the smallest fish I have caught this year, but certainly my best haul having given up counting after about 30! Go me! Laughs.

Anyone else keep fish as well as catch them?

Attachments

• Walstad.jpg
    Walstad.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20210506_132845_1.jpg
    IMG_20210506_132845_1.jpg
    878.4 KB · Views: 51

4wings

Having decided not to go to the river today, I opted instead to trim the plants in my 2.5 gallon, Walsted tank/bowl, only to find my White Cloud Mountain Minnows had spawned and hatched for the second time in a week.

So spent two hours trying to catch the tiny fry, 1mm - 2mm with a syringe. Certainly the smallest fish I have caught this year, but certainly my best haul having given up counting after about 30! Go me! Laughs.

Anyone else keep fish as well as catch them?
Sticklebacks and Minnows, our principle crop are, Newts, Frogs and Toads.
It does remind me of a friend who ran an aquarium shop.
I rang for advice on a recent purchase and he said hold on listen to this,
he had another customer on his other line who kept saying, "hes eaten another one"
this went on for sometime, "hes eaten another one" my friend said to me I can't help
him he is so absorbed by whatever I sold him eating his neon tetras that he has forgotten
that he called me!

Segami

Sticklebacks and Minnows, our principle crop are, Newts, Frogs and Toads.
It does remind me of a friend who ran an aquarium shop.
I rang for advice on a recent purchase and he said hold on listen to this,
he had another customer on his other line who kept saying, "hes eaten another one"
this went on for sometime, "hes eaten another one" my friend said to me I can't help
him he is so absorbed by whatever I sold him eating his neon tetras that he has forgotten
that he called me!
I am very new to fishkeeping, my bowl is only 9 weeks old. I had the bowl full of wine corks then say Walsted tanks on YouTube and decided to try it. I am so surprised that I have had two hatches after 7 weeks. I had another 2.5 gallon tank donated which I was using to grow on some plant cuttings, so had to transfer the fry into that as the minnows were eating them. Another hobby I thought would be cheap! Where does it end!

jerryrum

Small, community tank, indoors.

I have a pond outside, that my sons and I sometimes catch Rudd and Roach for, but we have to release them in early summer as the water doesn't hold enough oxygen when it is really warm.

I'm going to try and stock some Gudgeon this year, they can live in low oxygen waters.
tank.jpg

Segami

Small, community tank, indoors.

I have a pond outside, that my sons and I sometimes catch Rudd and Roach for, but we have to release them in early summer as the water doesn't hold enough oxygen when it is really warm.

I'm going to try and stock some Gudgeon this year, they can live in low oxygen waters.
View attachment 38919
If we can't catch them, watch them!