Floating line

Morning all, just bought myself a new Greys Streamflex Plus 9ft6 #4 get it Mon-Tues asking for opinions on best floating line river fishing for trout mostly, i like nymphing the odd bit of dry fly what ever just the run of the mill will spend up 50 to 60 quid tops
suggestions guys

thxs John

BobP

John

As you know I use the same rod in a 3# and I put an Orvis Trout WF3 through it. Works very well. A bit pricy, but if you wait a while I would think that Orvis will do one of their "Spend £xx and get £25 off" deals before too long.

John

As you know I use the same rod in a 3# and I put an Orvis Trout WF3 through it. Works very well. A bit pricy, but if you wait a while I would think that Orvis will do one of their "Spend £xx and get £25 off" deals before too long.
Cheers Bob will have a look thxs

bobfly2

Look at the John Norris website. They will have some very good in house lines at keen prices. Perfectly good lines from "name" makers at a quarter of the price. Buy two and still save 50% !!!!

mackiia1

Morning all, just bought myself a new Greys Streamflex Plus 9ft6 #4 get it Mon-Tues asking for opinions on best floating line river fishing for trout mostly, i like nymphing the odd bit of dry fly what ever just the run of the mill will spend up 50 to 60 quid tops
suggestions guys

thxs John
Wychwood Connect Featherdown is a nice line - £30 should get you one - they are a nice Olive colour.

taffy1

There are a multitude of floating lines out there which will suit yout needs, Maxcarctch through to Rio, all, if not many are totally relaible & depend on what your budget is to procure that line.

Clearwater Large Arbour Fly Reels
Reel/Spool: Reel, Model: LA II #4to6
just ordered the reel guys £79:00
good reviews for the price
to go with my new Greys gr80 Streamflex Plus 9ft6 that arrives sometime this coming week along with all the rest, there is no hiding all this from the wife :)
thxs for the input guys
take care all

Attachments

• clearwater-large-arbour-reel-19.jpg
    clearwater-large-arbour-reel-19.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 10