Floating line

Tangled

I'm still using a Snowbee XS that I bought before Maxcatch started in business, it's as good today as then, so I'm calling that 'quality'.

Maxcatch is the retail trading brand of Qingdao LeiChi Industrial & Trade Co, Ltd. It's 13 years old. Snowbee is one of their partners.

ohanzee

Maxcatch is the retail trading brand of Qingdao LeiChi Industrial & Trade Co, Ltd. It's 13 years old. Snowbee is one of their partners.

Yes, it's a bit more then 13 years, what does 'partner' mean? does Maxcatch now manufacture for Snowbee? it would explain where the quality comes from.

Tangled

what does 'partner' mean? does Maxcatch now manufacture for Snowbee? it would explain where the quality comes from.

It means that they make stuff for Snowbee. Just which stuff we don't know.

Scotty Mitchell

I have 2 Wychwood Connect Feather Down lines - they are as good as any line I have ever used , and better than most.
I think this is my 4th season with them . I used one just this Friday and it's as good now as the day I bought it.
For the money , they are superb - £30 should get you one.
I should have added these also, a mate swears by them, also Greys Platinum are good lines.
It’s personal preference at the end of the day, but cheap lines have never did it for me. Why have a nice rod and reel, and finish the set up with a glorified mill end? (Disclaimer) Purely my opinion, others are in disagreement 😃

ohanzee

I should have added these also, a mate swears by them, also Greys Platinum are good lines.
It’s personal preference at the end of the day, but cheap lines have never did it for me. Why have a nice rod and reel, and finish the set up with a glorified mill end? (Disclaimer) Purely my opinion, others are in disagreement 😃

I agree, just my experience but cheap lines are like cheap bicycle parts, work perfectly for a while and you wonder why people bother with more expensive, then you gradually spend more time fiddling with them, then it's in the bin after a season and your back using the old one which keeps going.