Fly Culture magazine - Spring 2020

sofasurfer

My copy arrived last Saturday just in time for the lock down. Great timing. I'm rationing myself to one article per day so I have something to read for a couple of weeks.

What other books or magazines is everyone reading ? Suggest titles that we can buy online. I bought a couple of old books last week but I left them elsewhere and now I can't get to them.

I've cut the grass twice and washed the car so if I don't get something to read I might have to do some gardening !!!!!

Reactions: JJO

wobbly face

Just finished reading my copy sat in the back garden soaking up a few rays. :cool: 🌞 Cleaned the patio doors ......... again, second time this week. Pigeons are very greasy when they hit the glass. Grass and car already done.
I got "Trout and Flies, Getting Closer" on Kindle. Not only a good read so far but some excellent video footage to watch via vimo.
Got a job to do at my mother's when the weather turns a bit, garage door needs doing. I got the parts.

sofasurfer

"Trout and Flies, Getting Closer" good suggestion, now you mention it I remember Pete's podcast with the authors.

PaulD

This week I've received the Spring, 'Fly Culture' and yes, I too am trying to discipline myself to one article per day . . . a tough ask.

Also this week, I've downloaded to my Kindle, 'Learning from the Water', by Rene Harrop, acknowledged King of Henry's Fork. On a cursory breeze through, I do believe it's going to be a 'good buy'. Much of it 'rides' on his tenet that observation is the key to learning and how to respond to conditions on and in the water.

In addition, over time, I've made a bit of a collection of older fishing books by authors such as; C V Hancock, W H Canaway, W M Gallican, T A Powell etc, some of which I need to read for the first time, some again . . . there is much to be done!

Pete T

Trade Member
It's been fun to be the other side of the mic and talk about my love of fly fishing, being a fishing guide for 16 years and what goes into putting Fly Culture together with Rob from The Country Gent Podcast. If you don't want to listen to me, don't worry, there are some great conversations about fieldsports and even whisky tasting. Hope you enjoy! Click Here to listen

4wings

Just finished reading my copy sat in the back garden soaking up a few rays. :cool: 🌞 Cleaned the patio doors ......... again, second time this week. Pigeons are very greasy when they hit the glass. Grass and car already done.
I got "Trout and Flies, Getting Closer" on Kindle. Not only a good read so far but some excellent video footage to watch via vimo.
Got a job to do at my mother's when the weather turns a bit, garage door needs doing. I got the parts.
I tried to download the 'getting closer sample and it said not compatible with my Kindle paperwhite,
so I,m not sure whether to pay and have a problem.

Pete T

Trade Member
I tried to download the 'getting closer sample and it said not compatible with my Kindle paperwhite,
so I,m not sure whether to pay and have a problem.
I don't think it runs on the Kindle mainly because there are a number of accompanying video clips that wouldn't work on that device.

4wings

There is _no seller contact_ to ask questions of, and it is distinctly labelled Kindle.
It also has QR codes to link to videos using a mobile device to be able to use the
You Tube Videos. As WF says it works on the computer with the Kindle App why
the ecky thump don't they make that clear, I suppose it might work on the Kindle Fire?