Fly Culture magazine - Summer 2019 issue

blithfield2

Took delivery of the latest Fly Culture magazine yesterday and on skimming through I was knocked out by the quality of images and presentation - Peter Tyjas you have set a very high artistic and visual standard!

Anyone else had the chance to look at this issue?

pusser

Mine arrived yesterday, still wrapped and ready to read, i'll wait for a quiet time to sit and digest it. So far I have been nothing but highly impressed with the whole thing, the content, artwork, imagery and quality of the paper - just fantastic!

ACW

In between the old and new Arsenal grounds
Certanly helped a couple of hours on the tube and DLR today!
Keep up the good work Pete!

- - - Updated - - -

Certanly helped a couple of hours on the tube and DLR today!
Keep up the good work Pete!

Pete T

Trade Member
Thanks everyone for taking the time to write, I'm so pleased you're enjoying this edition.

Work has started on the autumn copy and I'll have some other news about an off shoot of Fly Culture I'll be announcing very soon.

Thanks again.

Pete T

Trade Member
I mentioned in the previous post that I'd let you know about a side project to Fly Culture and I'm pleased to say that I've launched a podcast to go alongside the magazine.

I've just published the very first one where I sit down and talk to Nick Hart about his life in fly fishing from the highs and lows, a few fishing tips and what he is doing to get younger people into fishing.

We just left the mic open and the computer running so that it is an open, honest and unedited recording.

If you'd like to have a listen just click HERE and I hope you'll find it interesting listening and passes an hour if your on your commute, stuck in your car or anything else.

You can also find the Fly Culture podcast on iTunes and Spotify

sculpin_crusader

Listening now Pete; the magazines are great, will continue to subscribe as long as they’re published.

morayfisher

Great stuff Pete.
Really enjoyed that, keep up the good work.

Just subscribed to the podcast, the first one ever for me. Got the magazine waiting for me when I get home this weekend as well.:thumbs:

Last edited:

Pete T

Trade Member
Thanks all!

I'm still getting to grips with podcasting but really enjoyed sitting down with Nick and just talking about fishing, he makes some great points and is totally honest and open about his life.

I have lots more lined up that will be a mix of talking fishing and giving some advice too.

It's a fair bit of work but fun to do and something for folks to have in-between issues of Fly Culture.

morayfisher

Another new podcast just out where I sit and talk with Pete McLeod about saltwater fishing and goat trevally.

If you'd like to listen, just click HERE

I might never fish for GTs etc. but that was another podcast I enjoyed.
Just chatting about fishing with people who really know what they are talking about is a format I like :thumbs:

streamerjunkie

Everything about the magazine is amazing - especially love how the cover art just keeps getting better!
Top notch photography from some of the contributors too ;)