Fly Culture magazine - Summer 2019 issue

boisker

Yeah... 9th September...
I suggested my wife should listen to the Paul Proctor one, as it would put what she considers my very annoying obsession with both fishing and casting into perspective... I could be ‘worse’:D
Alas, she is yet to take me up on the offer!

Edit... just had a look on the FC website and I cant see the above episode, I was going to post a link.... I subscribe through the iPad podcast app and they pop up automatically

Last edited:

Mrtrout

Yeah... 9th September...
I suggested my wife should listen to the Paul Proctor one, as it would put what she considers my very annoying obsession with both fishing and casting into perspective... I could be ‘worse’:D
Alas, she is yet to take me up on the offer!

Edit... just had a look on the FC website and I cant see the above episode, I was going to post a link.... I subscribe through the iPad podcast app and they pop up automatically
Thanks for trying, I like to listen to anything PP has to say.
S.

Mrtrout

boisker thanks, and Lukewarm, both sent me a link, just listened to it, nice chap our Paul, talks sense all the time.
S.

Pete T

Trade Member
Hi everyone,

I saw the comments about the podcast and saw that on iTunes that one seems to have disappeared from their list for a reason I am unaware of and so if you're struggling to find them here is the list so far along with the links.

I did take one down as the sound quality wasn't great but those below should be OK. I've recorded some more that will be coming soon.

I checked with the podcast host why some of the early podcasts had disappeared. Apparently I just needed to alter some settings and so the first two will re-appear on iTunes and Spotify in the next day or so.

I hope you enjoy

Nick Hart - A career in fly fishing

Jim Williams - Fly casting and leaders

GTs, bones and a life in fishing with Pete McLeod

Damon Valentine - From Yorkshire to London

Paul Procter on fly fishing

Downstream or upstream? With Gerald Spiers

Last edited:

morayfisher

Trust Member
Hi everyone,

I saw the comments about the podcast and saw that on iTunes that one seems to have disappeared from their list for a reason I am unaware of and so if you're struggling to find them here is the list so far along with the links.

I did take one down as the sound quality wasn't great but those below should be OK. I've recorded some more that will be coming soon.

I checked with the podcast host why some of the early podcasts had disappeared. Apparently I just needed to alter some settings and so the first two will re-appear on iTunes and Spotify in the next day or so.

I hope you enjoy

Nick Hart - A career in fly fishing

Jim Williams - Fly casting and leaders

GTs, bones and a life in fishing with Pete McLeod

Damon Valentine - From Yorkshire to London

Paul Procter on fly fishing

Downstream or upstream? With Gerald Spiers
Thanks Pete, I might have missed the last podcast if you hadn't posted this. :thumbs:

Pete T

Trade Member

Pete T

Trade Member
Many thanks Jason 70, I'm pleased you have found the podcasts. Luke was great fun to speak to and is really interesting.

I released a new one yesterday where I sit down with John Aplin, probably one of the nicest people in fly fishing. We talk about his life, fishing and how he set up a tackle shop in the front room of his house.

The nice thing for me is hearing the story of the people I speak to but also hearing how friends or family have had such a big impact on their lives.

You can listen to this one by clicking HERE

I hope you enjoy this one too.

Jason 70

Many thanks Jason 70, I'm pleased you have found the podcasts. Luke was great fun to speak to and is really interesting.

I released a new one yesterday where I sit down with John Aplin, probably one of the nicest people in fly fishing. We talk about his life, fishing and how he set up a tackle shop in the front room of his house.

The nice thing for me is hearing the story of the people I speak to but also hearing how friends or family have had such a big impact on their lives.

You can listen to this one by clicking HERE

I hope you enjoy this one too.

Thanks, Peter I'll try that in between all the Rugby and Boxing this weekend(y).

skajtrout

Cheers Pete, good job mate. I particularly enjoyed the Gilly Bate one, really interesting. Who have you got in the pipeline for the future?

Skaj

Pete T

Trade Member
Cheers Pete, good job mate. I particularly enjoyed the Gilly Bate one, really interesting. Who have you got in the pipeline for the future?

Skaj
Many thanks Skaj, I'm pleased you are enjoying them.

I have already recorded a bunch more and plan to release them with a little more frequency if time allows.

I've tried to mix the subjects so there are some nice chewing the fat type interviews but also where I hope we can add value to anglers be they on the river, lake, reservoir or fish for salmon and sea trout too.

The next one I'll put out in early March goes pretty deep into the behaviour of trout, their feeding habits, thinking about presentation and fly patterns.

Without giving too much away when it comes to guests I did do a really nice one with one of heroes, Pete Cockwill, on a wet and miserable Dever Springs in Feb.