Fly fishing and tying groups around Derby?

puffer_

Hi all, as above really; does anybody know of any friendly groups around the Derby area that would put up with a complete novice to fly fishing that would also like to get into fly tying?

Been coarse fishing for many years, just never had much to do with fly fishing.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

J

kentru

Come and join us, Red Lion at Brimington 7.00pm until 9.00pm nearly every Monday evening. There won't be one this coming Monday but start the Monday after. PM me if you are interested or just turn up.
Ken.

puffer_

Come and join us, Red Lion at Brimington 7.00pm until 9.00pm nearly every Monday evening. There won't be one this coming Monday but start the Monday after. PM me if you are interested or just turn up.
Ken.

Thanks a lot Ken, I may well take you up on that as you're only about 30 miles away and I don't mind a drive.

heathenwoods

I can't make them but I met Wendy Gibson and an apprentice of hers at the Orvis/SKB open day at Ladybower earlier this Summer. They were great and I learned a stack from them in half an hour. They had a class somewhere in the Eastwood area if I remember clearly. I've never been to any so couldn't say it'd be any better or worse than the Brimington one - I'm just offering some extra info :thumbs:

You could probably ask at Walkers of Trowell (worth a visit if you've not been) for more details or other options.

puffer_

I can't make them but I met Wendy Gibson and an apprentice of hers at the Orvis/SKB open day at Ladybower earlier this Summer. They were great and I learned a stack from them in half an hour. They had a class somewhere in the Eastwood area if I remember clearly. I've never been to any so couldn't say it'd be any better or worse than the Brimington one - I'm just offering some extra info :thumbs:

You could probably ask at Walkers of Trowell (worth a visit if you've not been) for more details or other options.

Thanks, and good idea, I'm off to Walkers this weekend so I'll see if they have any info

Latest posts