Fly line for pike

running bear

The one that matches your rod. The airflow integrated heads are approx 2 lines weights heavy, which really helps with big flies, but dont overline your rod or it will never cope. Choose a 7 for a 7 wt, 8 for an 8 and youll be fine. I use a 9 on a medoum action 9wt, and it will throw the largest of pike flies.

Lucius kid

The one that matches your rod. The airflow integrated heads are approx 2 lines weights heavy, which really helps with big flies, but dont overline your rod or it will never cope. Choose a 7 for a 7 wt, 8 for an 8 and youll be fine. I use a 9 on a medoum action 9wt, and it will throw the largest of pike flies.
Cheers mate great help just starting out trying to get hang it

running bear

All are useful, but if buying one depends where youre fishing.

Bank fishing lakes defjnitely a sinker, i started on lakes with a DI3 sinker, sort of did everything but yet nothing! This could be too fast on some rivers, but take an age to get down and stay down on a deep pit.
The fast inter is probably the line I use the most now. It woukd be fine for rivers, but you might struggle on deep parts of a pit until the water warms.

Lucius kid

All are useful, but if buying one depends where youre fishing.

Bank fishing lakes defjnitely a sinker, i started on lakes with a DI3 sinker, sort of did everything but yet nothing! This could be too fast on some rivers, but take an age to get down and stay down on a deep pit.
The fast inter is probably the line I use the most now. It woukd be fine for rivers, but you might struggle on deep parts of a pit until the water warms.
Cheers for that.I was looking at getting the airflow sniper plus 9 wt intermediate?

Latest posts